OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I gotta know, what is this?

View attachment 134517

What may appear to the casual observer to be a stick of butter with a string stuck to it, lying there on the ground, is in my opinion, the partially folded lid to a container of some sort. It is possibly made of cardboard, particularly in light of the very old age of this ancient photographic image of early Soldiererus Americansus.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning folks.
I just have a half day today of work then heading up to the lake house on Grand for a couple of days of R&R. Hope to in some white bass and crappie fishing.
Have a great Thursday.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys, made it up to the lake house about an hour ago. Now I am sitting by the fire with Corona in hand.
Im going to put the batteries back in the boat tomorrow and go try to find some White bass up in the Elk River. Got a report from my neighbors yesterday that they are slaying them up in the Spring River.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
What may appear to the casual observer to be a stick of butter with a string stuck to it, lying there on the ground, is in my opinion, the partially folded lid to a container of some sort. It is possibly made of cardboard, particularly in light of the very old age of this ancient photographic image of early Soldiererus Americansus.

It looks to me like a commercially made product or candy? Not G.I Issue.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It looks to me like a commercially made product or candy? Not G.I Issue.

Indeed. In the Marine Corps, such an item would be properly termed as "Pogey Bait" while the US Army issues these types of items, along with beer, to the enlisted personnel of lower rank as a form of bonus payment.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
0B5E7875-4772-4966-BB7E-D62BB68F5089.jpeg
Good morning gang from Grand Lake.

Latest posts

Top Bottom