OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We talked about that accident today. They flew into the ground waiting on a command to break if memory serves me. Tragic accident that’s never been repeated.
Not quite. Flight leader, Major Norm Lowry, was the only one looking forward. The other three had their eyes locked on the guy to their right. He had a malf at the bottom of the loop, and couldn't pull up. They all hit line abreast, guiding on him. Kid I had trained, such little training as he needed, was videoing the maneuver as they practiced it. Somewhere here I have a Thunderbirds poster they signed for my wife a few weeks before the accident. I've posted it in a thread about odd stuff people found the didn't know they still had. It's in ratty shape.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good morning friends,
Picked up my Moms last night in Edmond and brought her back to her house up here on Grand. It has been a long 6 months of recovery for her. She was so excited when we pulled up knowing that she was on her way back home.

Have a great day!
I’m glad to hear that she’s been able to go back home, because that’s seems to rarely be the case in her situation.
My brother and I have got reports over the last few weeks from our Mother’s friend and her preacher that she’s fallen several times, and we’re kind of at a loss as to what to do at this point. Fortunately, she hasn’t hurt herself yet.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A few miles east of Kanab, UT is a road taking one up through Johnson Canyon. That drive takes one by an abandoned western movie set, which I think was used for the TV series "Gunsmoke." Then a bit further on are some rock faces that have petroglyphs on them. Sadly, others have just HAD to carve their initials on the rock faces as well.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m glad to hear that she’s been able to go back home, because that’s seems to rarely be the case in her situation.
My brother and I have got reports over the last few weeks from our Mother’s friend and her preacher that she’s fallen several times, and we’re kind of at a loss as to what to do at this point. Fortunately, she hasn’t hurt herself yet.
Oh wow, I’m sorry to hear that. Does she use a walker or cane?
My minis able to walk with assistance around the house but is still using her walker when she goes out to eat or shopping.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh wow, I’m sorry to hear that. Does she use a walker or cane?
My minis able to walk with assistance around the house but is still using her walker when she goes out to eat or shopping.
No, she doesn’t use a cane or walker but really needs to. I may or may not have posted this, but she had surgery in December to remove a bone spur on her spine that was causing her to kind of drag a foot. The surgery was successful, and physical therapy helped a lot. However, since the therapy ended, she just sits around the house playing on her iPad or phone, and she gets absolutely no exercise. Her neighbor/friend is a nurse and thinks the falls are caused by lack/loss of muscle tone due to lack of activity. She seems to be agreeable to starting physical therapy again, but she’s gotten horrible at procrastinating and probably won’t follow through unless her friend or my brother and I press the issue.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where one of the roads in Montgomery, AL crosses a river, I saw this structure going into the water. At one point, I stopped at the end of a bridge where I could pull off and walked out on the bridge to take pictures. Just beyond the trees is an industrial building of some kind, so I suspect that the structure in the water is something that allows them to pump water from the river for the industry.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1711886092736.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom