Other places to sell guns privately??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grizzzy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve been trying to sell a few guns on here but unfortunately absolutely zero hits. Is there another platform anyone knows of to sell firearms privately here in Oklahoma ?
I have about 4 guns I’m trying to sell atm for cash for repairs on my land.
Any help would be appreciated!

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I sell something and it doesn't get hits here, I move it to gunbroker and auction it off.

Only other bet is to drag them to a gunshow. I've luck doing that, but it's more hassle than I want to deal with.

Find out what your dealer charges to ship and price accordingly. Sooner State Pawn is excellent about shipping stuff out at a reasonable cost.

Grizzzy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I sell something and it doesn't get hits here, I move it to gunbroker and auction it off.

Only other bet is to drag them to a gunshow. I've luck doing that, but it's more hassle than I want to deal with.

Find out what your dealer charges to ship and price accordingly. Sooner State Pawn is excellent about shipping stuff out at a reasonable cost.
I’ll call the pawn place here I usually deal with when I get a firearm and see their pricing
Thank you for this I’m going to look into

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your pricing is a “bit high”, I thought. Most people on here are not willing to pay retail +, they are looking for a deal. And if you’re way too high, they won’t even bother sending an offer, because they figure why bother.
This ain’t arms list.
Selling guns on here ain’t a problem. Heck I bought just this weekend from here.

Last edited:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's well known that summer is the absolute worst time to sell a firearm. Folks are more concerned about vacations, summer camps and little league than they are buying guns.

Also, you might consider lowering your prices just a tad. I'm no AR expert, but $1200 for a PSA rifle just seems a little high to me. Not trying to offend you, I'm just sayin.

While the FN 509 may be spot on in your pricing, is just not as popular a gat as say the Glock, Sig or M&P. Mostly because the average shooter doesn't know that much about them, and those that are in the know (like myself :lookaroun) usually can't afford them.

And as for the KSG? Helluva weapon, but sadly, the good ol scattergun has seemed to have taken a backseat to the sporting rifle over the last few yesrs. It's still my favorite boom-boom, but I already own three shottys.

Please, please, PLEASE don't take these weapons to a pawn shop. You'll get screwed in the ass. There's usually a gun show on most weekends in OKC. You might try your luck there. You may not get exactly what you want for them. But at least you won't feel like you got butt phucked by a train!

I wish you good luck.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don’t they tend to rip you off? I’ve been told pawn shops try to give you next to nothing
“Rip you off” is highly subjective, but pawn shops aren’t going to give you anything near retail pricing for it. They’ll sometimes give you more if you pawn it instead of trying to sell it to them outright, but they’re in business to make money, so even the best are going to lowball you for sure. I’d be surprised if they offer more than 50-60% of retail pricing on a straight up purchase.

As mentioned above, if your stuff isn’t selling here, you’re priced above market value, so you’re probably going to have a hard time selling it anywhere. That means your first step should be to reevaluate your prices.

Find a few local gun shops that take consignment items and ask them about selling your stuff. They don’t want stuff just sitting on the shelves, so they should tell you if your prices are too high before they’ll take them in to sell for you.

I personally wouldn’t recommend trying to sell your stuff to a dealer (though trading it in is ok). Just like pawn shops, gun dealers are in the business to make money, so they’re going to offer you as little as possible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom