1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

OU President Gallogly to Retire after Less than One Year

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by druryj, May 13, 2019.

1. druryj

druryj Super Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    It was announced earlier today...
    https://newsok.com/article/5631228/sources-james-l.-gallogly-to-resign-as-ou-president

Apparently, according to this link, relations between Gallogly and previous OU President Davide Boren are less than good.
    https://www.normantranscript.com/ne...cle_b88f7ac6-fd84-11e8-87bf-9fde9c852062.html

I'm not surprised. I worked in Higher Ed after retiring from the Marine Corps (talk about a group of ONE) and retired as the VP of Student Services at Redlands Community College going on 6 years ago now. I know that David Boren still wields a lot of power and significant influence in Oklahoma. (Like...where some of the bodies are buried kind of stuff maybe?) Anyway, when James Gallogly came on as his replacement, he quickly brought to light the extravagances of Boren and Co. and their lavish spending, and how much in debt the University was. He also cleaned house on a bunch of overpaid file clerks who were apparently masquerading as real VPs and Associate VPs and such, but they were sure drawing fat paychecks for little work towards student success it may seem. I'm sure he quite vigorously stirred the muddy waters that may have been Boren's personal swamp for some 24 years, and now, with Boren and one of his "butty's", Tripp Hall, being investigated for trying to diddle boys, the schizz has hit the fan down at OU. So...Smart move on Gallogly's part? Methinks he just might have been made an offer he couldn't refuse?

TonyKane1, sleeperx4, Ethan N and 3 others like this.
  2. RETOKSQUID

RETOKSQUID Sharpshooter

Probably was, as in waking up to find a horse head in his bed offer. Have a feeling that Boren is going to have less to worry about now.:soapbox:

3. jstaylor62

jstaylor62 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Sweet gig that lets you "Retire" after 10 months ...

4. dlmcm

dlmcm Retired & Enjoying Life!

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I like him. He did accomplish quite a bit, and probably had several other improvements in mind. There are all kinds of stories being tossed around, and we will probably never know the truth, but he still has my admiration (for what ever that's worth)

5. GlockPride

GlockPride Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Too much of a challenge and I’m guessing they’re all uphill?

6. druryj

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I couldn’t say. I do feel that the best job to step into is one that’s been mishandled or poorly done; that way, whatever you do actually do is probably going to be an improvement. Gallogly was talked into coming out of retirement to be the Prez at OU. I suspect that they really needed a one-time budget overhaul and he did do that. I also suspect he just didn’t feel like screwing with it all anymore. He’s already flush as far as having money, why not tell ‘em all to go pound sand and just go play golf? Can’t blame him if that’s the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Can't believe he took it in the first place, but he likely wasn't aware of how screwed things were either. I don't blame him one single bit for flying the finger at them.

druryj and GlockPride like this.
  8. druryj

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Maybe he wanted to be known as "Jim the Giant Killer" Galloglhy?

9. Cards81fan

Cards81fan Sharpshooter

I agree, and think he was brought in to be the "bad guy" and make some choices no one else wanted to make.

dennishoddy and blake711 like this.
  10. Snattlerake

Snattlerake Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%