OU is a BILLION dollars in debt!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RagdollOp

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just don't like the fact the if the football team brings in so much money and can pay coaches that much then why does the university need taxpayer funds? Seem corrupt to me.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just don't like the fact the if the football team brings in so much money and can pay coaches that much then why does the university need taxpayer funds? Seem corrupt to me.
See above about "separate corporate entity." The university isn't paying coaches anything.

As to donations vs. expenditures, well, there's definitely room to audit the budget. With a meathook.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everything from the beauty of the arbuckles to the deserts of the south west. Trees, rivers, fishing, hunting, 2nd amendment gun friendly laws, farmers, ranchers, hard workers and thousands of other things people of other states just dream of.
We have a lot to be proud of and OU football is just one

Well said. Very well said indeed. But remember that we also "lead the way" from the front (or damn near it), in many categories such as opioid addiction, teen pregnancy, incarceration rates, drop-outs, obesity, smoking, low teacher pay, etc.

But then on the flip side, I only have to look back to when I retired from the U. S. Marine Corps and decided to come back to Oklahoma, after having lived all over the US and traveling all over the world. I never in a million years thought I'd come back here. But I did, and not for the rivers, or the purty Arbuckles, or the trees, or the birds (did you say birds?) Nope. I came back to Oklahoma because there is no finer group of people than Okies. Serious bidness right there bro. Okies are good folks, even those few among us who suffer from dumbassery.

And on the OTHER flip side, let the OU Sooners Football team go say...7 and 5 and see how quickly the calls ring out for the heads of poor Lincoln and his assistant coaches.

Latest posts

Top Bottom