Our son is back from Iraq!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He has 1 more year in the reserves to fulfill his contract and then he is done, After 10 years active and reserve he is getting married and already has 2 kids he wants to spend more time with! He has no real problems dealing with anything that happened over there. I think he is in good shape.

Just about anyone who has been in a combat area for extended time who doesnt end up with a little to talk about is a rare bird. Most don't. Please don't ignore the signs and encourage any returning Vet to get the help they need.

Been there done that nuff said

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He has 1 more year in the reserves to fulfill his contract and then he is done, After 10 years active and reserve he is getting married and already has 2 kids he wants to spend more time with! He has no real problems dealing with anything that happened over there. I think he is in good shape.

Everyone has problems dealing with it...trust me. It's just a matter of whether they internalize/hide it/ignore it/deny it or face it head on. Some guys it passes quick, some guys it lingers for years, and others it doesn't even show up for months years later when they seperate from the military world and the informal support structure they got from their fellow servicemembers.

Just sayin' be ready to let him bend your ear, don't offer solutions, don't judge or guess, just listen.....Glad he's back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom