Outdoor America update.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guilty! That's one of the few things I miss about working in the city.

I like Gene Sears and have frequented his store at least once a year for reloading supplies for many years. His banker's hours are a killer.

Yep, and he isn't open on Saturday. But I don't think old Gene worries about the retail side so much. If he did, he'd fancy the place up and maybe sell more pink guns.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If he did, he'd fancy the place up and maybe sell more pink guns.

:laugh6:
Yeah it's not much on fashion.

I generally go up in the summer while I'm off and do my yearly shopping there.
Last time I took my oldest grandson and between Sears and OAS I think I spent more on him than myself. :hithead:

dwkennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Think of how much fancier OAS could have been, if a big pile of the sales taxes they've collected over the years didn't go to subsidize a competitor (Bass Pro) coming to town.

Hooray for government intervention in the economy!

Don't get me wrong, I do like Bass Pro... but I always used to get pretty good deals at OAS... Bass Pro is more a MSRP shop. You'd think they could afford to offer more discounts with the 19 million dollars OKC spent to help them open their store.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All BS aside...have you checked out Gene Sears in El Reno? No frills. None. Zip. Nada. And also no eye-candy...

I've been to Gene Sears and I will never go back. I was looking for a specific gun and called ahead of time and they said they had it. i asked them to make sure as I was going to drive almost an hour to get there...they confirmed again they had it. After driving an hour and found the place...they didn't have it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom