Overheard at academy gun counter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is his middle name Duck?

No...but his first name was Long! OK, enough of the lighter side.

Fong worked for A Airlines (I think) and started out selling fishing tackle on a table at Mohawk Lake on the side.

Fong and Maybel...everyone called her May...we're very nice people. They had decent prices and absolutely the best selection of reloading equipment in town. Used to have free reloading classes about every two weeks or so.

The girls weren't quite as friendly...perhaps they just didn't like me...I'll leave that right there.

The Zebra stripes started with Fongs Zebra striped semi cowboy style hat he aquired in the later years. I used to tell him I wished I had two of them...you know the rest...He always took it in stride with a smile.

The manager now is Fongs son in law...lets just say we're not the best of friends.

It is a very last resort in a desperate time of need for me to go in there.

Ok...I'll shut up now....Free Trapper

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since Jerry's reloading supply opened in Tulsa there is very little reason for me to go to Dong's. The only things I ever looked at in there were reloading and black powder stuff. I've never looked at their guns or ammo. Oh wait- I bought one box of ammo there about 10 years ago.

If you reload, consider looking in Jerry's. Nice place with good people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When Dong's was owned by Dong, it was a cool old school gun store. Now, the people at Dong's are, well, Dongs.

Last edited:

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive been inside Dongs exactly one time. Back when Saiga 12s were going for $450-$500, they wanted $1200 for one and then told me that they are banned, so the one they had for sale would be my last chance to buy one. This was before I let on that I knew anything about them. In fact I purposely asked if they had "one of those shotguns that look like an AK" when he first approached me.

I then showed him 4-5 links on my iPad where they were plentiful and selling for more than half of what his was. He just kinda sneered when I asked if there was something that made his special.
Sounds like he was trying to get Dongs inside you.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No...but his first name was Long! OK, enough of the lighter side.

Fong worked for A Airlines (I think) and started out selling fishing tackle on a table at Mohawk Lake on the side.

Fong and Maybel...everyone called her May...we're very nice people. They had decent prices and absolutely the best selection of reloading equipment in town. Used to have free reloading classes about every two weeks or so.

The girls weren't quite as friendly...perhaps they just didn't like me...I'll leave that right there.

The Zebra stripes started with Fongs Zebra striped semi cowboy style hat he aquired in the later years. I used to tell him I wished I had two of them...you know the rest...He always took it in stride with a smile.

The manager now is Fongs son in law...lets just say we're not the best of friends.

It is a very last resort in a desperate time of need for me to go in there.

Ok...I'll shut up now....Free Trapper

Fong Dong did work for american airlines. My grandpa knew him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom