Trapping possums & skunks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let's see if I've got this right.

1. I don't want them taking up residence under my storage shed.

2. I can't discharge a gun in the city limits.

3. I can't legally trap and relocate them.

The way I see it that only leaves one option.......I can't remember, do you drink red or white wine with possum ?

Cookbook.jpg

Last edited:

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Conibear 220 trap. Get the tool to set it. Dig a 6 inch hole slightly smaller then the trap. Bait it with your cheap cat food.
Black bag it and toss it in nearest dumpster.
You’re welcome.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let's see if I've got this right.

1. I don't want them taking up residence under my storage shed.

2. I can't discharge a gun in the city limits.

3. I can't legally trap and relocate them.

The way I see it that only leaves one option.......I can't remember, do you drink red or white wine with possum ?

View attachment 144393
You any good with a slingshot and a shovel? Lol. Or just the shovel if your hand to hand combat skills are ok.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to trap ferrel cats in a box I made out of wood and caught a few possums also. One can make a trap similar to this-in many And variations and they actually work.th.jpg . And deer meat is one of the most effeective foods I've found to catch a critter.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Conibear 220 trap. Get the tool to set it. Dig a 6 inch hole slightly smaller then the trap. Bait it with your cheap cat food.
Black bag it and toss it in nearest dumpster.
You’re welcome.

Illegal trap to use in OK unless you're nuisance trapper........ there's 1001 ways to trap illegally in Oklahoma lol.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to trap ferrel cats in a box I made out of wood and caught a few possums also. One can make a trap similar to this-in many And variations and they actually work.View attachment 144398 . And deer meat is one of the most effeective foods I've found to catch a critter.

Saw many a rabbit caught in traps just like this when I was a kid.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use sugar donuts because they are less attractive to cats but skunks and possums like them. Nothing except a cat will escape my trap still breathing.
Same here. I don't care what they do away from the house, but if they're in the trap, that means they were on the porch, and that's a no-go zone for varmints. They get popped with a .22 through the brainpan before they get out again.

The sucky thing is that nothing will eat a dead possum, and it takes a long time for the bugs and bacteria to dispose of 'em. Ugh.

Latest posts

Top Bottom