Pay your student loans or get raided!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know there seems to be alot of raiding going on here in the good ole United States of keepin the peasents down. It makes me nervous, because if they raid my house and kick in my door they will be greeted by my two German Shepherds and of course even if I hadn't done anything wrong they'll shoot my dogs because they are a threat. Even though they would only be protecting me and my wife. And of course with a search warrant I wouldn't be able to do anything about it but burry my dogs and try and comfort my wife because her two babies are dead.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I know is if I was the guy who is the victim here I'd be lookin' for a helluva lot more than just a new door and an apology. He was outside in his underwear, embarrassed in front of his neighbors, had his name dragged through the mud with all this in the news and on the net etc. DOE would be owing ME some money when it was all said and done with I would think.

If anyone had done their homework and sat on the house for a couple days to gather intel prior to the raid I think they would have drawn the conclusion that she didn't live there and the whole thing would have been avoided.

Model 70

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cut and Snip - OIG is a semi-independent branch of the education department................ There will be no unpaid student loan left behind.

That pretty much sums it up. I wonder how much of the Education budget is spent on this crap.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After the Department of Education raided the home of a Stockton man Tuesday morning, officials said the search was part of an ongoing investigation into financial aid fraud.

An official with the U.S. Department of Education returned phone calls to News 10 Wednesday morning, saying the search warrant is part of a criminal investigation and not because of unpaid student financial aid loans.

http://www.news10.net/news/article/141207/29/DOE-raids-Stockton-home-as-part-of-fraud-investigation

There are criminals running schemes to defraud the student aid program using some of the same methods that are used to defraud medicare to the tune of billions of dollars a year.

You guys sure you aren't rooting for the wrong team?

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After the Department of Education raided the home of a Stockton man Tuesday morning, officials said the search was part of an ongoing investigation into financial aid fraud.

An official with the U.S. Department of Education returned phone calls to News 10 Wednesday morning, saying the search warrant is part of a criminal investigation and not because of unpaid student financial aid loans.

http://www.news10.net/news/article/141207/29/DOE-raids-Stockton-home-as-part-of-fraud-investigation

There are criminals running schemes to defraud the student aid program using some of the same methods that are used to defraud medicare to the tune of billions of dollars a year.

You guys sure you aren't rooting for the wrong team?
Even so, use of deadly force against financial fraud is way out of line. I still do not see why the Department of Education has should have it's own SWAT. This appears to be government gone bad. The right of those citizens were violated. I have zero tolerance for such abuse.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Financial aid fraud investigations should be boring, hell it's boring to say.

I guess they are trying to liven it up. Maybe for recruiting or something. I love this part:

Stockton Police Department said it was asked by federal agents to provide one officer and one patrol car just for a police presence when carrying out the search warrant.

So basically the DOE OIG said, "We're fixin' to go play SWAT and kick this dude's door in, with AR-15s and body armor, because of some student loan shenanigans, but we're afraid that things might go a bit awry, so we want one of you local guys to sit back and look all official, in case we end up need some real police there..."

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whatever happened to skilled investigators that could simply go up and knock on the door with the search warrant? That's how we used to do it. Not every warrant requires a SWAT team. Especially one like this.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess they are trying to liven it up. Maybe for recruiting or something. I love this part:

So basically the DOE OIG said, "We're fixin' to go play SWAT and kick this dude's door in, with AR-15s and body armor, because of some student loan shenanigans, but we're afraid that things might go a bit awry, so we want one of you local guys to sit back and look all official, in case we end up need some real police there..."[/QUOTE]

More like we need somebody to throw under the bus if we F it up ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom