People oblivious to the National Anthem...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

11b1776

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to a local H.S. football game, I am standing in line, the National Anthem starts, it made me very mad to see no one cared, no one removed there hats, hand over heart, they where oblivious and couldn't care less. Am I out of line here, I think its very disrespectful to all veterans living and dead. I really wanted to say something, but bit my tongue, because it's there right to act like that. All these things we take for granted.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Went to a local H.S. football game, I am standing in line, the National Anthem starts, it made me very mad to see no one cared, no one removed there hats, hand over heart, they where oblivious and couldn't care less. Am I out of line here, I think its very disrespectful to all veterans living and dead. I really wanted to say something, but bit my tongue, because it's there right to act like that. All these things we take for granted.

I could not agree more!

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a disgrace. You have every right to be angry dude. Ive only been to a couple of school games where that type of behavior was exhibited by some kids around me. I didnt say anything, just stood at attention and presented arms. One of those times a couple of kids looked back at me and sheepishly calmed down and gave the proper respect. I hope they will learn one day to respect the men and women who have gone before them and paid for their freedom.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hand over the heart for the pledge, hands to your side for the anthem. Salute if you are a member of the armed services. Take you hat off. This are the official guidelines. Don't get your knickers in a twist over the hand over the heart thing, that is a misnomer.

11b1776

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sooner fans are a lot more respectful than this, been there and seen it myself. Saying home of the Sooners, and not giving a f@?&, aren't close in my mind. YMMV

Latest posts

Top Bottom