People oblivious to the National Anthem...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Im a veteran, it doesnt really bother me personally. The nat'l anthem is for everybody, same with the Pledge. Now if i hear sombody badmouthing vets during the Nat'l anthem, ive been known to make them shush. BTW, i do take my hat off, place it over my heart and mumble along the best i can.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hand over the heart for the pledge, hands to your side for the anthem. Salute if you are a member of the armed services. Take you hat off. This are the official guidelines. Don't get your knickers in a twist over the hand over the heart thing, that is a misnomer.

36 USC 301
(b) Conduct During Playing.- During a rendition of the national anthem-
(1) when the flag is displayed-
(A) individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;
(B) members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and
(C) all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and
(2) when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nope, thats why I asked. No need to be coy.
oh-ok. Here is what happens. http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsext...ctid=92&articleid=20100915_92_B1_ULNSbH182236
Me personally? It was a specific experience that got me ticked about this. It was while in a rodeo up north. When one loud jackhole happened to be there in the stands screamed that stupid sheyat at the rodeo during the national anthem. Some of the guys knew I was from here and I had to explain that we do not all do that crap. I was emberassed.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
oh-ok. Here is what happens. http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsext...ctid=92&articleid=20100915_92_B1_ULNSbH182236
Me personally? It was a specific experience that got me ticked about this. It was while in a rodeo up north. When one loud jackhole happened to be there in the stands screamed that stupid sheyat at the rodeo during the national anthem. Some of the guys knew I was from here and I had to explain that we do not all do that crap. I was emberassed.

I remember that, believe me I have no love for OU, perhaps because I went to school there for a while. But I think the OP was making the point that the behavior is pretty despicable no matter the venue, and I doubt any of us would give OU fans who did this a pass.

Latest posts

Top Bottom