People oblivious to the National Anthem...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't say the pledge and I don't sing the anthem. I will remove my hat out of respect, but I do not put my hand over my heart during either.

It is not out of disrespect for veterans, I just don't believe in pledges or national anthems.

While I will agree no one should be talking or being disrespectful during either, I will say that any righteous indignation over people NOT saying it is an overreaction.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't say the pledge and I don't sing the anthem. I will remove my hat out of respect, but I do not put my hand over my heart during either.

It is not out of disrespect for veterans, I just don't believe in pledges or national anthems.

While I will agree no one should be talking or being disrespectful during either, I will say that any righteous indignation over people NOT saying it is an overreaction.

I would find it very hard to disagree with your position as you have stated it without dismissing the idea personal liberty.
Thats what makes this country so great.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have much respect for anyone who will dismiss the national anthem. However, just because some of the OU fans decided to change the last word from "brave" to "sooners" some people seem to get their panties in a wad. It's not like they made the last word something insulting, it's just the home of the Sooners (aka the OU stadium) while the USA is the home of the brave.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I give a lot more respect to the flag than I do an anthem (see: theme song) or pledge. And while I think no one should ever be forced to salute a flag, recite a pledge, or be conscripted into service against their will, I think the lack of participation at sporting events the OP is angry about is justified, and (especially at high school events) is more from laziness than trying to make a point.

+1

Latest posts

Top Bottom