People seem scared. Anyone else notice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been a weird couple of weeks, even before POTUS said he was COVID positive.

It's a pretty well known fact in my patient population that I am a firearms enthusiast.
And most people in my social and business circles know it as well.

I've been seeing more and more people who are worried about what is going on around the country. And not just about the election.

Have had several patients ask me about defensive firearms and training. What my recommendations are, what my preferences are, what do I use.

Had another friend approach me at a professional meeting. "I understand you are the guy I should talk to. I can't find ammunition anywhere. Do you have any suggestions?"

More than one person this week has asked me if I had any firearms I could/would sell or knew of any place that might have some in stock.

The overall feeling I'm getting from these folks is that they are scared.
More than one has come right out and said it.

And this isn't like other times when the market has gone dry and people were buying because they thought something might no longer be "buy-able".

The level of this does concern me.

Anyone else seeing this?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

It's a pretty well known fact in my patient population that I am a firearms enthusiast.

I've been seeing more and more people who are worried about what is going on around the country. And not just about the election.

Have had several patients ask me about defensive firearms and training. What my recommendations are, what my preferences are, what do I use.

Had another friend approach me at a professional meeting. "I understand you are the guy I should talk to. I can't find ammunition anywhere. Do you have any suggestions?"

More than one person this week has asked me if I had any firearms I could/would sell or knew of any place that might have some in stock.

And this isn't like other times when the market has gone dry and people were buying because they thought something might no longer be "buy-able".

Anyone else seeing this?

Oh hell yes.
I'm on a dozen or more group emails among our RV friends that are wanting to build AR's, wanting to know about parts, how to assemble and so on. It's crazy now. When we all meet up there is a build day and so on.
Got a phone call tonight from a 21 year old that put in for the Controlled Hunt Elk Hunt at the Wichita Mtn for the first time and got drawn for a bull tag. :angry3: He doesn't have any elk worthy.308 ammo and can't find any for elk hunting. looking for ammo because all he has is whitetail ammo.
He is in panic mode, but told him to stand down and see what is available after Nov 3.
Sent him a link to ammoseek.com to see what shows up.
If he doesn't find any ammo before his hunt, he can borrow my 30-06 that has killed 10 elk at ranges up to 570 yards. I may not ever make the hunt but my rifle might! LOL
I've been putting in for this hunt since the 70's. It pisses me off, I can't get drawn, but it's all about the luck of the draw and I understand that.

Last edited:

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's simply no peaceful outcome of the November election and everyone pretty much knows this.

I have a weird feeling that we're going to see some hard blue states flip red, while comfortably red places like OK, AR, MO will see some blue wins due to complacency. On Cox cable, I keep seeing Biden and Kendra Horn ads and haven't seen anything for Trump or Bice.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's simply no peaceful outcome of the November election and everyone pretty much knows this.

I have a weird feeling that we're going to see some hard blue states flip red, while comfortably red places like OK, AR, MO will see some blue wins due to complacency. On Cox cable, I keep seeing Biden and Kendra Horn ads and haven't seen anything for Trump or Bice.
Ok has been typically red and I don't see it changing.A recent poster and others have shown where more republicans have registered to vote than dims.
American citizens are not as stupid as the liberals think They are .

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, one of my nephews bought a handgun an AR this year, his first firearm purchases ever. His wife wasn't happy about it as she is a strict pacifist, but he did it anyway.

Truth be told I'm pretty worried. So far things have been quiet here in BA, but with BLM now going after residential areas it could be just a matter of time.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok has been typically red and I don't see it changing.A recent poster and others have shown where more republicans have registered to vote than dims.
American citizens are not as stupid as the liberals think They are .

I hope you're right but I feel like that damn teacher's rally/strike was a turning point for us.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People are scared??? Like I told a very liberal friend of mine when she asked what I was afraid of by carrying my 45 everywhere......I'm not afraid of anything but deep water because I have a pistol and LOTS of Ammunition right here on me and can take care of any problem I face....as for viruses....I trust in God and good sense!

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had a few friends and relatives up in Chicago call us asking about property, prices, and guns. People are very scared of the monster the democrats created with their riots and calls of injustice. Sane Americans realize police are not hunting black males. The swing of hard left in your face, only now are the city dwellers realizing .

Seems more then a few people are just...walking away from their homes unable to sell..( who can with a $250,000 house with a $14,000 year in property taxes, then the city, county, state all get a slice at 10% + ...then "fees"...everything.

Plus, the riots...everyone knows they are on hold, magic stopped them cold. Right ?...I had friends tell me the tension is thick. They, promise to go into the suburbs, and middle working class areas of the cities and towns. Neighbors are forming "protection teams" ...to try to deter the scum. No one wants to be the first to shoot, but they also don't want to be the first to lose their homes and families. They have been backed into a corner, and getting out don't look good. Vote democrat some more I reminded them.

Democrats always had a thing for guns, ...1968 gun control act, early 70's then Saturday night specials, late 70's followed by "handgun control, then the famous ..."cop killer bullets in the 80's...close the century out with the 94 AWB....bring us to 2008 Sandy Hoax, and off the rails we go ....

Democrats win,..look for a Gestapo like police force coming for the guns. President Trump re-elected, look for untold trouble with the police being shot at daily in the bigger cities. The fireworks will start when they make good going to the burbs and middle class America.

Better re-stock on food this month, to late to buy guns, ammo.

Guess we can thank the Kenyan and his fellow travelers for this kaos.

I'll tell you something....I pray for my country.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Anyone else seeing this?

I work in real estate. Buyers are being strange and many are just kind of mean and selfish in a manner. Covid, fear of the social stuff, all the unknown, lots of driving forces. My own weekly rituals no longer are even close to the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom