Perkins,OK: Third-grade teacher drunk at work.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
.....give her a week off , ...and move on

So...if ANYONE else is drunk ...and is on the job, anything other then home ...

The state can nose in on it ? ......oppps ...were the internet commandos ...

I'd be more worried about her students test scores.....

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IT WAS THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL.

Was she informed ahead of time, she had the bad attitude class?

Knew some of the students or self important parents. (small town)

Kids aren't the problem, but the result. Parents are the problem.

Her age and that level abuse, "help" may be difficult or impossible. She has to ASK for help, first. If she asks, they no alternative but to provide a program.. She doesn't ask, they can fire her.

Turmoil, embezzlement, accounting questions in Tulsa.

Coach "resigns", under social media scrutiny, of past encounters with minors.

The school year is off to a great start.

To all the amazing teachers, the few taint the good, same as with cops. Don't cover for the bad ones. Weed them out. There is no "code" to protect them.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IT WAS THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL.

Was she informed ahead of time, she had the bad attitude class?

Knew some of the students or self important parents. (small town)

Kids aren't the problem, but the result. Parents are the problem.

Her age and that level abuse, "help" may be difficult or impossible. She has to ASK for help, first. If she asks, they no alternative but to provide a program.. She doesn't ask, they can fire her.

Turmoil, embezzlement, accounting questions in Tulsa.

Coach "resigns", under social media scrutiny, of past encounters with minors.

The school year is off to a great start.

To all the amazing teachers, the few taint the good, same as with cops. Don't cover for the bad ones. Weed them out. There is no "code" to protect them.
That makes too much much sense, you're not much fun.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the 9th grade, we had a mechanical drafting teacher who brought booze to school in a thermos. I had him for the last class of the day. He’d usually give us an assignment, then lay his head down and sleep. Most of the class would just get up and go home early.
It was common knowledge among the students anyway.
At my HS there was an old hippy art teacher, he had a corvette and a mail order bride. I was never in his class but one day a student in first period slipped acid into his coffee. A student in second period was in on the plot, and the plan was he would be there just as it was coming on. Anyway it turns out it didn't phase him. He spaced out for a few minutes and gave a look.like "I know what's going on." And ran his classes the rest of the day without skipping a beat.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I won’t condone what she did, but after being married to a teacher for 27 years, I kind of understand. :anyone:
I wasn't married to a teacher. I was a teacher. Elementary school is relatively easy. Compared to Middle school, anyway. Those kids can go from Kindergarten to 25 in nothing flat. High school's no picnic, either.

I do admit to self-medicating, myself, but caffeine was and always has been my drug of choice. Doesn't get you arrested, either. ,:fallangel

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wasn't married to a teacher. I was a teacher. Elementary school is relatively easy. Compared to Middle school, anyway. Those kids can go from Kindergarten to 25 in nothing flat. High school's no picnic, either.

I do admit to self-medicating, myself, but caffeine was and always has been my drug of choice. Doesn't get you arrested, either. ,:fallangel
My wife is a journalism and junior English teacher.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife is a journalism and junior English teacher.
I intended to teach history & civics. Wound up doing Special Education. One semester internship in US Government for high school, most of a year in middle school geography, most of another year middle school SpEd, and a year in elementary SpEd. Where I developed, undiagnosed until the last month, obstructive sleep apnea. Killed the teaching career, though it took a few more years as a substitute before the Dept. of Ed. drove a stake in its heart. Didn't get to start treatment in time to save the career, and too stubborn to quit.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
A few others here said she needs help, she doesn't need to be tar and feathered, but unfortunately she will fall on the sword and blanket assumptions will be made by parents because the fastest way to unite a group of people is to give them a common enemy.

Too few parents and far to few of general public will ask why it is that she did this. First day and she was drunk? Means she likely drove to work under the influence as well.

As a parent my hope is that she gets the help she needs and uses this time to get well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom