Permit holder robbed with own gun.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.kare11.com/news/article/977788/396/Conceal-and-carry-permit-holder-robbed-with-own-gun

I would c&p the text...but there is this: "(Copyright 2012 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. )"

Food for thought, or a little reminder about situational awareness or possibility that OC would/could have been a deterrent? :scratch:

Hard to defend against a close quarters ambush like this seems to have been....

Negative. When you are open carrying you're giving your attacker a headstart. Many a good cop has been shot with his own firearm.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like he was already robbed, just happened to lose his pistol as well as wallet. Not like the gun prompted or worsened the crime, really...

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Negative. When you are open carrying you're giving your attacker a headstart. Many a good cop has been shot with his own firearm.
Yes but there is no way to know how many crimes have been deterred do to open carry.

Sounds like he was already robbed, just happened to lose his pistol as well as wallet. Not like the gun prompted or worsened the crime, really...
I agree.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Negative. When you are open carrying you're giving your attacker a headstart.
Can you provide any stats or data to back up this assertion?
Many a good cop has been shot with his own firearm.
Cops are also in the business of purposefully placing themselves into situations where this can occur. The law abiding citizen who chooses to open carry, is not required, and should not attempt to put themselves into these same confrontational situations.

MDO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont think open or concealed that guy stood a chance. I agree you have to be more aware of your surroundings. A gun, concealed or open, isnt going to stop a freight train from hitting you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom