Physician opposition to SQ 788 speaks volumes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it seems like it wouldn't be too hard for the gov to connect to state MJ databases to see who is using it, and put that on a no gun list, and prosecute those who lied on 4473.

I admit it's hard to imagine the gov getting its poop together enough to pull that off.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it seems like it wouldn't be too hard for the gov to connect to state MJ databases to see who is using it, and put that on a no gun list, and prosecute those who lied on 4473.

I admit it's hard to imagine the gov getting its poop together enough to pull that off.
You mean like Hawai'i is already doing?

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

No but OSBI sure could if you've got a CCW permit issued by them.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you read the actual bill I’m pretty sure this isn’t the case. ATF might be different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct, I worded my statement poorly.

I meant that to read if the State must issue the medical marijuana license they'd darn sure be able to see who also has a CCW permit and could demand it's immediate return. Your hardware is probably safe.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you read the actual bill I’m pretty sure this isn’t the case. ATF might be different.
I just checked, and I don't see anything in the SDA precluding a carry permit for users of illegal drugs. However, it'd still be a federal crime, and there's nothing that says OSBI can't investigate such things and refer them to the feds for prosecution.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: even if this passes--even if it were made legal for recreational use--it's still illegal at the federal level, and Uncle Sam can prosecute accordingly. Dual sovereignty is a thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom