picked up my ccp and was harassed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itzkwik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
right now is the perfect time to do it ,especially with the overreacting of the HI-PO and the EMT situation,BUT like stated above you werent paying attention when you first went in ,and the hot head of the bunch may have taken notice ,if you are positive you are in the right by all means make the complaint,but if he can argue his case with good cause you may have more than one chewing on you, but hey mistakes happen

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It sounds like you just got a good old fashioned "talking to." Don't ask me why, but some law enforcement officers do this. I don't know if it's an actual law enforcement technique or not as I do not have any criminal justice training. I do have a pretty good grasp of common sense, however, and I don't see how it could be helpful. In fact, it really seems harmful to me as it perpetuates the feeling of "them vs. us" and damages the precarious relationship between law enforcement and the general public. Nobody likes being talked to like a child.

My feeling has always been, if I did something arrestable or ticketable let's get to it. Otherwise, please treat me as an adult and with the same respect that you require of me. Of course, I tend to be respectful of others even when it hasn't been earned. I do realize, however, that some of my fellow citizens do not take this position in regard to dealing with others.

I wouldn't take it personally and certainly don't lose faith in law enforcement over it. As in any profession, there will be those that are burned out, have a grumpy day or just plain jerks. Sounds like you might have bumped into one such employee.

Most of all, enjoy exercising your God-given right to protect yourself.

Bryan

superA

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
right now is the perfect time to do it ,especially with the overreacting of the HI-PO and the EMT situation,BUT like stated above you werent paying attention when you first went in ,and the hot head of the bunch may have taken notice ,if you are positive you are in the right by all means make the complaint,but if he can argue his case with good cause you may have more than one chewing on you, but hey mistakes happen

I really don't see how he could be wrong on the issue. A reminder of door etiquette and harassing him over something that is absolutely none of his business are two different issues.

Latest posts

Top Bottom