picked up my ccp and was harassed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MDT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am going to go ahead and say (type) outloud what some are thinking..................

I'M CALLING BS ON THIS THREAD
Why? I guess I'm not getting it. Is because it's a first post and he's posting a potentially sensitive subject? Could this scenario not play out in any Oklahoma county? Does the OP need more street cred before you can discuss this? Someone enlighten me.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am going to go ahead and say (type) outloud what some are thinking................I'M CALLING BS ON THIS THREAD

I'm curious what motivation you think someone would have in coming on here with such a story. Obviously it's just "his side" but it doesn't sound that unbelievable or "out there" to me. I mean, if he were lying or had some ulterior motive wouldn't he have made himself out in a better light?

I really don't see how he could be wrong on the issue. A reminder of door etiquette and harassing him over something that is absolutely none of his business are two different issues.

It isn't etiquette as much as circumventing security (even though unintentional) to enter a secure area. Perhaps he should have been arrested, but the "talking to" would be out of line.

Why? I guess I'm not getting it. Is because it's a first post and he's posting a potentially sensitive subject? Could this scenario not play out in any Oklahoma county? Does the OP need more street cred before you can discuss this? Someone enlighten me.

I'm curious too. Is the actual story (which doesn't seem unbelievable to me) or the fact that it's a first (and only) post with no follow-up. Who could blame the guy for not posting any more the way some have responded here.

Bryan

superA

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm curious what motivation you think someone would have in coming on here with such a story. Obviously it's just "his side" but it doesn't sound that unbelievable or "out there" to me. I mean, if he were lying or had some ulterior motive wouldn't he have made himself out in a better light?

It isn't etiquette as much as circumventing security (even though unintentional) to enter a secure area. Perhaps he should have been arrested, but the "talking to" would be out of line.

I'm curious too. Is the actual story (which doesn't seem unbelievable to me) or the fact that it's a first (and only) post with no follow-up. Who could blame the guy for not posting any more the way some have responded here.

Bryan

I hear ya. If they wanted to get crazy and arrest him for the door problem I would not have a problem. I would think it was a bit much but that's really for them to decide seeing as how they are in charge of the building security.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Because several malcontents have been banned recently over similar discussions.

This is likely a poorly done troll job.:blahblah:

If you're going to be an effective troll, you have to build a rep first.

Michael Brown

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Michael Brown

I guess I can't fathom someone spending that kind of time just to cause trouble and it seemed heartfelt, thus my responding to it as real. This does become more suspect as time goes on with no followup posts, however. Giving people the benefit of the doubt has certainly bit me in the backside more than once.

Bryan

MDT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Michael Brown

I get that. It just seems that as of late, there has been an increasingly hostile tone on both sides on the forum. Mike, you and I joined the forum both in June of 2005, We've been here a long time and seen a lot of changes in the forum. Not saying it's good or bad, just changes. I guess that occurs over time.

This guy may be a troll, he hasn't posted in reply to the accusations so that makes one wonder. Can the moderators check IP addresses and such to see if it is the same malcontent signing up to cause trouble?

At any rate, my original post was merely a question...

Cheers all...

larkinmusic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get that. It just seems that as of late, there has been an increasingly hostile tone on both sides on the forum. Mike, you and I joined the forum both in June of 2005, We've been here a long time and seen a lot of changes in the forum. Not saying it's good or bad, just changes. I guess that occurs over time.

This guy may be a troll, he hasn't posted in reply to the accusations so that makes one wonder. Can the moderators check IP addresses and such to see if it is the same malcontent signing up to cause trouble?

At any rate, my original post was merely a question...

Cheers all...

I've noticed this also, the board isn't as friendly as when I first joined. I guess that is to be expected as we get more members.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
He said that he had never been to that sherrifs office before, don't you pick up the permit where you did all of the paperwork and fingerprints? That is how it was for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom