picked up my ccp and was harassed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h8ns8n

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Dang you people are hostile. A new guy comes in and relates a story (true or not) and he gets berated? Wow what a friendly, family oriented atmosphere. Pull the cob out and lighten up.

true we have been a little hard on him...however, a post that
1.discourages the ccw process by pointing out possible harassment and hassle that may be incurred
2.discourages people from obtaining ccw by quoting what the officers said about drawbacks and negative aspects of "carrying" even saying it would be more dangerous to carry
3.publicly pointing out the "bad" police officers and their tactics

all this in a first post that just seems fishy to me but if it;s true......
:sorry1: for my harshness and

:woohoo1: welcome to OSA:woohoo1:

okshooter6

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure why people are calling BS on this. I have been interrogated at the counter of a 7-11 on a saturday at noon completely sober for purchasing a 12 pack of miller lite. Of course this happened some years back when I was about 25 and looked younger. But it does happen.

Now days I have a shortcut to my voice recorder on my cell phone. If I get pulled over or walk into any situation where I think I may need a witness the recorder is turned on. In my opinion anyone that can afford $50 should own one and carry it at all times. We could turn a lot of hotshot employees in many different industries into overnight youtube celebrities if we did.

DarkLaw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are several posts regarding this thread being "BS" or fake, troll'ish, etc.

Whether it is or not, I'd have to relate a similar story upon my most recent visit to the Okla County Detention Center.
As I approached the door, I saw the 'No cell phones, knives, etc' sign and pulled my phone from my pocket. I wasn't sure if I was at the right place, so I intended to ask and if so, return to my car and place all of my 'contraband' in the console.
I walked in and greeted the old time Deputy at the door and asked, "Is this the right place to get my fingerprints taken?" Before I could even get the words out of my mouth, he said, "You can't have that phone in here!" I replied, "Yes, I saw the sign. I just want to make sure I'm in the right place before I make several trips outside. I can get my fingerprints done here, right?"

The white haired Deputy responded, "Yeah.... whatcha need'em for?" Without going into a lot of detail, I simply told him I needed them for my CLEET stuff. The Deputy looked me up and down, "You think you're gonna be a cop or something?" I told him, impatiently at this point because I just wanted my damn fingerprints taken, "Actually, I've been a police officer for...blah blah blah, etc etc."

He simply said, "Well...ya have to go talk to one of those ladies over there." and pointed behind his shoulder.

Now, mind you, he wasn't particularly rude or anything - he's just one of those old deputies who think he is still saving the world and needs to give everyone a lecture about EVERYTHING.

The original post seems completely plausible to me and is most likely, that SAME Deputy!

I was not impressed with his customer service skills, especially for being posted at the front door! A bit of PR (public relations) goes a loooong ways.

Just greet me, answer my question, and let me move on!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with one other in the forum in that it is something of a question when the OP stated "he had never been there before". Is it possible that one goes to a different place to be fingerprinted than where one goes to pick up the permit?

My initial thought was that if he hadn't been there before, how did he get fingerprinted?

A second thought for Pubin/Michael is to keep in mind that the concealed carry permit is not a right as per the 2nd Amendment. Since one has to apply and be approved indicates that the concealed carry permit IS a privilege granted by the State of Oklahoma.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang you people are hostile. A new guy comes in and relates a story (true or not) and he gets berated? Wow what a friendly, family oriented atmosphere. Pull the cob out and lighten up.

How about new guy comes in and admits to having the situational awareness of a f-ing rock (SAOAFR) when going to pick up his permit...ignores warning signs, goes in through the out door, bypasses the metal detector, then complains about a cop dressing him down a little.

He's the one who needs to lighten up. He wasn't detained in any official capacity and a few "Yes Sirs" and "Thank Yous" to a bored elderly deputy were enough to move on...whether you are "going to law school" (what that has to do with anything I don't know) or not.

"Hi my name is xxx, I like long walks on the beach and holding hands with my SDA permit" would have been a better first post if you want friendly, family oriented...otherwise he gets what's coming.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about new guy comes in and admits to having the situational awareness of a f-ing rock (SOAFR) when going to pick up his permit...ignores warning signs, goes in through the out door, bypasses the metal detector, then complains about a cop dressing him down a little.

He's the one who needs to lighten up. He wasn't detained in any official capacity and a few "Yes Sirs" and "Thank Yous" to a bored elderly deputy were enough to move on...whether you are "going to law school" (what that has to do with anything I don't know) or not.

"Hi my name is xxx, I like long walks on the beach and holding hands with my SDA permit" would have been a better first post if you want friendly, family oriented...otherwise he gets what's coming.

:laugh6: I gotta remember that ... Thanks for making me laugh today. I certainly needed it! :)

superA

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
How about new guy comes in and admits to having the situational awareness of a f-ing rock (SAOAFR) when going to pick up his permit...ignores warning signs, goes in through the out door, bypasses the metal detector, then complains about a cop dressing him down a little.

Oh sure, yes sirs and right away sirs! I don't care how old the guy is or how bored he is the point is he would have been being an ass if he decided to lecture the guy on the door since it had already been sorted out and not only that but he became a huge ass when he decided to start harassing him about something that was already decided and none of his business. If you want to live like that than good for you, go kiss the old man on the mouth and be done with it. This guy asks a simple question and that is the last we hear of him. Meanwhile you and some others are getting all worked up about him needing to settle down. Maybe you guys need to take a chill pill.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who's getting worked up now high speed? Maybe you should just go down there and show that old man how things work...go get 'em tiger.

superA

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Who's getting worked up now high speed? Maybe you should just go down there and show that old man how things work...go get 'em tiger.

Who's getting worked up now high speed? That doesn't make any sense. Let me ask you this. If this was you and a civilian walked up to you on your way out from getting your ccw and acted like this cop did what would you have done?

Latest posts

Top Bottom