Picnic Spot on Lower Illnois?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IreneKennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spouse, dog, and I want to take a day trip to Lower Illnois for a picnic. I need suggestions where to find a spot where we can drive close to the water, suitable for putting down a blanket, having a picnic, maybe shallow wade fishing to catch & release perch, and letting dog get into water.

Thanks

Sorry, thread should have read 'Lower Illnios River'

Last edited:

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok...I have to ask. Why do you want to go to Illinois? You're profile says VA. Is she from Illinois? Illinois sucks for 2A stuff. Other than that, I'm sorry that I can't answer your question.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I assume he means the Lower Illinois River. IK you don't have a whole lot of options. There is Gore Landing camping area and there is the Marval Trout Camp. http://www.marvalresort.com/
Also with no more rain than we had this year they are not generating much water. So a majority of the river is really shallow or just pools. About a half mile north of the Gore Landing there is a turnoff on a county gravel road. It goes to what was refered to as the gravel pits. There are usally just a couple of people fishing down there and it is a good place to let the dog run. It has a little flow (read trickle)to it but it has spots that are 6 inches deep to spots that are over your knees. take a thick blanket because you are going to be laying it down on river gravel and wear some kind of shoes because there is the occasional half a beer bottle. Hope this helps have a good time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom