Pistol Brace "rules" signed by AG today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No Sir that is not why the NRA was founded , it was found by two military officers to promote rifle marksman ship skills among the public.
Okay, I'll stand corrected but I believe they have fought for the rights of all people to own firearms. It's historically common for the ruling class to not want peasants to be armed.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, I'll stand corrected but I believe they have fought for the rights of all people to own firearms. It's historically common for the ruling class to not want peasants to be armed.

The NRA didn't become interested in gun rights advocacy at all till the 1968 GCA , true story . The 2A advocacy is very much a most recent development in the organization which really took off in the late 1970's after the NRA membership revolt which occurred at the national convention. Just saying ....

The primary purpose of the NRA for MOST of its history even still today a big part of the NRA is centered around training , competition and safety . Another fun fact its the ILA ( the lobby arm of the NRA which is involved in the advocacy and lobbying)

You can read about Revolt at Cincinnati and learn something interesting .

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The NRA didn't become interested in gun rights advocacy at all till the 1968 GCA , true story . The 2A advocacy is very much a most recent development in the organization which really took off in the late 1970's after the NRA membership revolt which occurred at the national convention. Just saying ....

The primary purpose of the NRA for MOST of its history even still today a big part of the NRA is centered around training , competition and safety . Another fun fact its the ILA ( the lobby arm of the NRA which is involved in the advocacy and lobbying)

You can read about how the NRA has been fighting the second amendment since about 1934 https://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/gunstuff/legal/KABA-1934_NFA_hearings.pdf

Here is an excerpt from there

NRA President Frederick's testimony began by explaining that he had "been giving this subject of firearms regulations study and consideration over a period of 15 years" and that "the suggestions resulting from that study of mine...have resulted in the adoption in many States of regulatory provisions suggested by us." He later described his active role in helping pass D.C.'s then-recent, ultra-stringent gun controls. Having helped enact gun control legislation was a matter of pride for NRA's president -- as you shall see below. The D.C. gun controls of which he candidly boasted included the following provisions, among others:
• prohibited carrying a concealed pistol without a license -- with an exemption, of course, for law enforcement officers
• justification for getting licensed to carry a firearm if "applicant has good reason to fear injury to
1 of 71
10/15/2018 06:08 PM
1934 NFA HEARINGS 1934 NFA HEARINGS
his person or property" -- and the license application process included a mugshot, treating lawful
gun owners like common criminals
• a two-day waiting period to purchase a handgun -- with an exemption, of course, for law enforcement officers -- even though violent stalkers don't tend to wait to attack
• required thorough record-keeping by gun dealers, of all transactions and every buyer
• required that the seller deliver all of a buyer's personal information to the police within hours of the transaction, including the make, model and serial number of the firearm
• mandated that gun dealers be licensed at the discretion of the police
• banned altering firearms' serial numbers or other identifying marks

This is not the actions of an organization worth keeping around, unless your one of waynes pals profiting off of it.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can read about how the NRA has been fighting the second amendment since about 1934 https://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/gunstuff/legal/KABA-1934_NFA_hearings.pdf

Here is an excerpt from there

NRA President Frederick's testimony began by explaining that he had "been giving this subject of firearms regulations study and consideration over a period of 15 years" and that "the suggestions resulting from that study of mine...have resulted in the adoption in many States of regulatory provisions suggested by us." He later described his active role in helping pass D.C.'s then-recent, ultra-stringent gun controls. Having helped enact gun control legislation was a matter of pride for NRA's president -- as you shall see below. The D.C. gun controls of which he candidly boasted included the following provisions, among others:
• prohibited carrying a concealed pistol without a license -- with an exemption, of course, for law enforcement officers
• justification for getting licensed to carry a firearm if "applicant has good reason to fear injury to
1 of 71
10/15/2018 06:08 PM
1934 NFA HEARINGS 1934 NFA HEARINGS
his person or property" -- and the license application process included a mugshot, treating lawful
gun owners like common criminals
• a two-day waiting period to purchase a handgun -- with an exemption, of course, for law enforcement officers -- even though violent stalkers don't tend to wait to attack
• required thorough record-keeping by gun dealers, of all transactions and every buyer
• required that the seller deliver all of a buyer's personal information to the police within hours of the transaction, including the make, model and serial number of the firearm
• mandated that gun dealers be licensed at the discretion of the police
• banned altering firearms' serial numbers or other identifying marks

This is not the actions of an organization worth keeping around, unless your one of waynes pals profiting off of it.

You really need to learn more about the NRA , again historically the primary focus of the NRA was shooting sports and safety till the late 1970's . Neal Knox God rest his soul shifted the conversation to 2A . The ONLY reason the NRA was present at the NFA hearings was because the conversation at that time as focused on a total ban of handguns. The SBR question back then was because they viewed the SBR as a handgun work around. When handguns were finally removed from the NFA before it was voted on SBRs ended up being left in. They didn't even care about the machine gun language and that is a fact .

I know a thing or two about the NRA and its history , I have been a member since I was child and have been a voting member for decades .

Last edited:

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I want to like the NRA, but silence on the Stabilizer Braces. Please correct me if I am wrong. Seems like they are too busy paying Wayne's and their legal bills and have to lay low. Surprised mavs hasn't got up on this and blamed Trump. The NRA at this time is a paper tiger.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

We (members of the NRA) need to have another revolt........

Latest posts

Top Bottom