Pistol Brace "rules" signed by AG today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The point you guys are missing is it’s a shite load more than $6000 due to inflation. It would be closer to $23,000.
Didn't miss it. I knew that you just made a small faux pas and what you were saying.

In my work I routinely get bitten by this very bug and have to add a percent sign to get it right. When I do my own Excel formulas I just use all decimals normally, but I do have to update and correct others work sometimes. I see this all the time is what I'm saying.
:sunbath:

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know who the drunk monkeys are that do these conversions. In 1935 when that $200 tax stamp was first enacted. The average yearly income was $471. $200 is .425% that yearly income.

Supposedly the average American income is now making 54,132. So to adjust for inflation by using the current average income .425% of that would be $23,000 for a NFA tax stamp

Another comparison is the most sold automobile was a Ford in 1935. And the price was between $600 - $650.
Don't be upset about this, we have 534 people in Washington DC that know nothing about decimals, percentages, orders of Magnitude, exponential notation, or math in general and most newspeople think half of them are geniuses...

user 51785

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Fudd Busters...

why should i believe what this guy is telling us? i don't know nothing about him. ive always found langely to be a good source of information but i dont no nothing about the guy you say we should be listeneing to. tell us why he's right and the other three guys are wrong in the other video are wrong. no offense but from all the stuff i've seen you post seems like you are ready to just believe atf.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
why should i believe what this guy is telling us? i don't know nothing about him. ive always found langely to be a good source of information but i dont no nothing about the guy you say we should be listeneing to. tell us why he's right and the other three guys are wrong in the other video are wrong. no offense but from all the stuff i've seen you post seems like you are ready to just believe atf.
Lol. I never said you should believe him or anyone else. Just posting a source of information other than what has already been shown.

Everyone needs to make up their own mind on this like everything else.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just get a longer barrel and forget about an SBR unless you want to stamp it...the main issue I see with this rule change is for those who have the import pistols. It appears those folks have almost no path to be legal except turn in or destroy...I believe those various imports cost a pretty penny and some folks may own several, so to comply they would be at a substantial financial loss without recourse. Hopefully the gun rights groups are making that case sufficiently to our law makers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom