Pistol Brace "rules" signed by AG today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think getting SBR stamps for free is great. I wish I had a few pistols with braces.

CHANGE MY MIND :D
Well sure, but why would you go through with submitting your info to them now? That's exactly what they're hoping everyone will do.

I know it'll take some time, but this will get struck down. I doubt the ATF is going to purge the data after their rule goes away.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It could take years for the court rulings to come down.

I'm trying to figure out the best strategy for the next 120 days.
Pop 2 pins and set the upper aside for now. Grab a 16 inch upper if you want to shoot it in the meantime.

ParkingLot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the governor sends State Troopers out to arrest and jail ATF agents who try to enforce this, or sheriff's send their deputies, then it will mean something. But that ain't gonna happen.

Being a 2A sanctuary state sounds good, but doesn't mean a lot as far as the feds are concerned. Hell they stomp on state's rights as often as they do individual's rights.
With at least 40 million of these floating around I would be surprised if the ATF would spend time trying to enforce this is 2A sanctuary states. My question is if someone is going to a range with one are they going to ask you to leave or call the local ATF office?

ParkingLot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn’t this just kinda mean lay low with ‘em? Don’t carry them around in your vehicles anymore. Don’t use one for home defense, where it could possibly be subject matter in an investigation. Etc.

Door to door pistol brace collection? I highly doubt it

Lots of boating mishaps incoming…
I think since OK is a 2A sanctuary state it shouldn't matter if you're carrying them around unless you get stopped by a federal LEO. State, County, and local law enforcement should ignore this rule or else they would be violating SB 631.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Well sure, but why would you go through with submitting your info to them now? That's exactly what they're hoping everyone will do.

I know it'll take some time, but this will get struck down. I doubt the ATF is going to purge the data after their rule goes away.
Because I would like to have a SBR or three anyway and if there is a way to avoid paying the $200 tax stamp, why not?

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because I would like to have a SBR or three anyway and if there is a way to avoid paying the $200 tax stamp, why not?

This "SBR" will be treated quite differently than a traditional SBR won't it? Aren't they applying limitations as has been mentioned in this thread?

I guess if you're okay with those differences go for it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom