Pizza places?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trollkepr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live in OKC and have not found one I like here yet but being raised in New Your, I love NY style pizza. The best place in Tulsa is Marios. I went there when Mario owned it and was worried it would not be the same after it changed hands but it is still great. The best way to judge a pizza place is how good their meatball, sausage and other parmesan sandwiches are. Marios is the best by far.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great chicago style deep dish in Edmond in a place called Humble Pie.

Sauced in Paseo used to be good, if you didn't mind pizza made by dirty hipsters. It's now owned by the folks over at Paseo grill, so not sure how the pizzas are. It was one of the few places you can get a beer and pizza at midnight on the weekends.

My absolute favorite is the Wedge. There's two places in OKC. They use a brick oven and it's another downtown hipster type place where the waitress or waiter may have more tattoos than all the customers combined, but it's absolutely the best pizza. Especially if you like a bit more organic and flavorful pizzas than your typical 8 meat pizza with meat sauce and meat stuffed crust... They also serve really good Italian Cream Sodas.

Falcones makes a very authentic NY style pizza, but I recommend going to the original location and not the location in Bricktown. The pizza in the downtown location is just not the same. The owner pretty much stays at the original location. A buddy of mine from Rochester, NY gave his thumb of approval after hunting for 6 months for authentic NY style pizza in OKC.

Hideaway Pizza is awesome if you want an Oklahoma interpretation of the California style pizza. Very tasty and this is the place you want to go to if you want the ultimate meat-a-tarian pizza.

There's also a couple of mom and pop type places around downtown and midtown, but can't think of their names. Blah.

Hobbes Hoagies in midtown, south of the bombing memorial also serves a mean pizza and has some of the best Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches in OKC.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
marley's or the pie hole

I will not eat at savastano's anymore I would rather have freezer pizza, which I hate to say because savastano's was really good when they first opened.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been to Savastano's once since moving to the Tulsa area. I did not care for their Chicago-style. I have eaten pizza in Chicago and Savastano's did not compare, IMO. Other patrons that had thin-style pizzas made me wish I had ordered a thin.

My general rule for pizza is either Hideaway or the one I make at home. However, I have been tempted to try the Pie Hole and Umberto's. The recommendations here have increased the likelihood of satisfying that temptation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom