Places that are off limits for CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A little paper sign on the door at Surplus City in Lawton, Ok. just turned me away from spending my money there.

The sign stated, "Absolutely no firearms allowed inside, licensed or not! Except for law enforcement."

So...when I got home, I called and the manager of the store answered. I asked him about the sign and he said that "that's what the owner wants." I told him that the little paper sign just turned away an honest, paying customer and asked him if he thought that the sign would prevent a bad guy with bad intentions from coming in there... He didn't care to hear it. As I was asking him to let the owner know of our conversation and that I'd be posting his business on a "hot list" on a gun forum, he hung up on me.

dx3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A little paper sign on the door at Surplus City in Lawton, Ok. just turned me away from spending my money there.

The sign stated, "Absolutely no firearms allowed inside, licensed or not! Except for law enforcement."

So...when I got home, I called and the manager of the store answered. I asked him about the sign and he said that "that's what the owner wants." I told him that the little paper sign just turned away an honest, paying customer and asked him if he thought that the sign would prevent a bad guy with bad intentions from coming in there... He didn't care to hear it. As I was asking him to let the owner know of our conversation and that I'd be posting his business on a "hot list" on a gun forum, he hung up on me.

Thank you for posting this. Not that it is somewhere I'd have any need to travel to from Tulsa, if I ever hear it mentioned I'll be sure to bring this up to whoever mentions it.

Jonny

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma Army Surplus on Memorial in Tulsa has a no-gun sign. I asked about it and was told that the owner put the sign up after "some idiots pulled theirs out and were trying holsters". I commented kicking those idiots out seemed like a better decision than banning guns in an Army surplus store but was rebuffed with "owner's choice".

T

TheMcs

2A range in Tulsa has some nice business cards you can take and hand out at the anti-gun businesses. Pretty much sums up the fact that they've lost the business of an honest, law-abiding citizen with no positive effect on preventing crime.

Latest posts

Top Bottom