Places that are off limits for CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
La fortune park in Tulsa is posted...

Go show this to the city manager and politely ask him why the city is violating state law:

Title 21 Section 1277 said:
TITLE 21 § 1277 UNLAWFUL CARRY IN CERTAIN PLACES
A. It shall be unlawful for any person in possession of a valid concealed handgun license issued pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act to carry any concealed handgun into any of the following places:
1. Any structure, building, or office space which is owned or leased by a city, town, county, state, or federal governmental authority for the purpose of conducting business with the public;
2. Any meeting of any city, town, county, state or federal officials, school board members, legislative members, or any other elected or appointed officials;
3. Any prison, jail, detention facility or any facility used to process, hold, or house arrested persons, prisoners or persons alleged delinquent or adjudicated delinquent;
4. Any elementary or secondary school;
5. Any sports arena during a professional sporting event;
6. Any place where pari-mutuel wagering is authorized by law; and
7. Any other place specifically prohibited by law.
B. For purposes of paragraphs 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 of subsection A of this section, the prohibited place does not include and specifically excludes the following property:
1. Any property set aside for the use or parking of any vehicle, whether attended or unattended, by a city, town, county, state, or federal governmental authority,
2. Any property set aside for the use or parking of any vehicle, whether attended or unattended, by any entity offering any professional sporting event which is open to the public for admission, or by any entity engaged in pari-mutuel wagering authorized by law,
3. Any property adjacent to a structure, building, or office space in which concealed weapons are prohibited by the provisions of this section, and
4 Any property designated by a city, town, county, or state, governmental authority as a park, recreational area, or fairgrounds; provided nothing in this paragraph shall be construed to authorize any entry by a person in possession of a concealed handgun into any structure, building, or office space which is specifically prohibited by the provisions of subsection A of this section.
Nothing contained in any provision of this subsection shall be construed to authorize or allow any person in control of any place described in paragraph 1, 2, 3, 5 or 6 of subsection A of this section to establish any policy or rule that has the effect of prohibiting any person in lawful possession of a concealed handgun license from possession of a handgun allowable under such license in places described in paragraph 1, 2, 3, or 4 of this subsection.

Subsection B Item 4 specifically excludes parks from being a prohibited place.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a couple questions, as I am from western OK and don't get to OKC or Tulsa much, plus I just got setup to carry. We plan on taking the kids to OKC this week, so it looks like on this thread I should be good to go at OKC zoo except in buildings and gtg in Omniplex (science museum). What about places like Cowboy HOF and Murrah Memorial?

From there we plan on heading to Tulsa area; does anyone know if the aquarium in Jenks allows carry or not? And did I read right in BA Bass Pro does NOT allow carry? If not how bout the BPS in OKC? Thanks for your help

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a couple questions, as I am from western OK and don't get to OKC or Tulsa much, plus I just got setup to carry. We plan on taking the kids to OKC this week, so it looks like on this thread I should be good to go at OKC zoo except in buildings and gtg in Omniplex (science museum). What about places like Cowboy HOF and Murrah Memorial?

From there we plan on heading to Tulsa area; does anyone know if the aquarium in Jenks allows carry or not? And did I read right in BA Bass Pro does NOT allow carry? If not how bout the BPS in OKC? Thanks for your help

OKC Zoo is off limits, no carry on their property at all. Not sure about the science museum or other museums.

Jenks aquarium is not posted (been there and done that), don't know if they have an official policy or not but I don't go around asking if I don't see a sign. All Bass Pro shops allow carry according to state law. Here is a link to the Bass Pro corporate policy: Bass Pro Carry Policy as reported by Gunmart. You only have to check your firearm if you are taking it in and will be handling it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom