Planning a trip to Portugal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any on here been to Portugal or possibly from Portugal? Wife and I want to take a trip this fall with my Mom as she doesn't have many long trips left. She's in good shape but 8-12 hours of flying takes it's toll.

Looking to fly into Lisbon and stay a few days. Train to Porto and the Douro valley area for a few days. Then maybe a beach stop on the way back to Lisbon for a couple more days. About 2 weeks total including travel days. No true destination other than Douro valley for wine tastings and trying different foods along with some hiking.

Still in the early planning phases and obviously flying out of OKC for an international destination involves several layovers and flight changes. Quick check of flights show still pretty expensive. Plus, I'm tall so need the extra legroom seats especially on an 8 hour or more flight.

Any input is appreciated!

Note: If I hadn't drank beer the last decade, I'd have this trip paid in full! :)

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
good friend just returned. said they loved it-- particularly the Douro valley......... I think he did a guided land tour and then a river cruise down the douro river. said it was beautiful. I was in Lisbon just on a one day stop from the cruise ship---- but didn't get to see a lot. Liked what we did see.

Latest posts

Top Bottom