Plantar Fasciitis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who's had it? What worked to fix it?

I run quite a bit, and that has all but stopped. Any folks know a secret cure? I'm stretching it, rolling it, etc....

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who's had it? What worked to fix it?

I run quite a bit, and that has all but stopped. Any folks know a secret cure? I'm stretching it, rolling it, etc....

I have it in both feet. Wear these danged Darth Vadar boot thingees to bed when it get really bad and that helps a lot ... anti-inflammatory (even when it doesn't hurt), stretches for your feet AND your ankles ... and strength-training for your ankles and knees.

I haven't worn the boots to bed in probably a year now. The strength training helped more than anything but I had to take 2 Bayer aspirin (4 times a day until the ache stopped and then cut back to twice a day) to be able to do anything at all ...

When you are sitting on your ass watching tv at night, do as many circles from your ankles with both feet. Inside and outside. Try to increase the number by 1 or 2 every night ... And write the alphabet with your feet ... It's not EVEN funny how bad it hurts when you first start doing this ... lol

and do this up down up down on your tiptoes like little kids do ... couple, three times a day ...

I still can't pick up anything with my toes ... but I have short, stubby, midget toes ... :(

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had it and it's excruciating. Went to the foot doc and got orthotic insoles. Cost me $38 out of pocket with insurance. It hasn't come back and that was several years ago.

WWIIDigger

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Had it in my left foot only. Insoles didn't seem to work. Steroid shot helped immediately and for about a month. 2nd shot-extreme pain started in my left heel. 5 weeks in an air boot and all the pain was gone and hasn't come back and its been 15 years. Good luck.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's miserable. I had it, along with a terrible strain, in my left foot/ankle. Never got the shot for PF in my foot, but have had two shots in ankle that fixed me right up.

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have it too.
Best thing for me is the "L" shaped brace that pulls your toes towards your shin.

The pain when it flares up is pretty excruciating.

Driller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had it and it felt like walking on nails. Saw a podiatrist and got some rigid orthodics to go in my boots; the flexible ones never worked. I've been pain free for about 15 years now, as long as I use the inserts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom