Please read if you buy or sell firearms on OKshooters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstevens

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. I just wanted to share with you an incident that happened the other night. I am an LEO in OKC, and I came in contact with several subjects from a small town in the North East part of our state. These guys came to OKC attempting to buy an SKS that they found on armslist.com. After doing some checking we found that the subject was a convicted felon. I made contact with the subject that was selling the rifle and found out he had no idea that he was getting ready to sell an assault rifle to a convicted felon. I wanted to share with you guys a few links that we, LEO, use all of the time to check subjects out. If you have a smart phone just go to these links and type in the subjects name. The doc web page is awesome, because it will show a picture if the subject is a convicted felon. OSCN is another good one. again just type in the name and look under the listed counties of Oklahoma. If you see a case number that starts with CF then that means your subject has had a felony case in an Oklahoma court. You can click on the case number and see what the charge was and what the disposition was. If it says conviction or suspended your subject is a felon. Some times it may say defferred. In this case the subject cant own a firearm until his defferred sentence is completed. Any ways guys stay safe, because if you sell to a felon you might become one. Shoot me a PM if you have questions. Also this is just for Oklahoma. You wont be able to see if the subject is a convicted felon from another state.

doc offender search
http://docapp065p.doc.state.ok.us/servlet/page?_pageid=395&_dad=portal30&_schema=PORTAL30

OSCN
http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/casesearch.asp

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. I just wanted to share with you an incident that happened the other night. I am an LEO in OKC, and I came in contact with several subjects from a small town in the North East part of our state. These guys came to OKC attempting to buy an SKS that they found on armslist.com. After doing some checking we found that the subject was a convicted felon. I made contact with the subject that was selling the rifle and found out he had no idea that he was getting ready to sell an assault rifle to a convicted felon. I wanted to share with you guys a few links that we, LEO, use all of the time to check subjects out. If you have a smart phone just go to these links and type in the subjects name. The doc web page is awesome, because it will show a picture if the subject is a convicted felon. OSCN is another good one. again just type in the name and look under the listed counties of Oklahoma. If you see a case number that starts with CF then that means your subject has had a felony case in an Oklahoma court. You can click on the case number and see what the charge was and what the disposition was. If it says conviction or suspended your subject is a felon. Some times it may say defferred. In this case the subject cant own a firearm until his defferred sentence is completed. Any ways guys stay safe, because if you sell to a felon you might become one. Shoot me a PM if you have questions. Also this is just for Oklahoma. You wont be able to see if the subject is a convicted felon from another state.
doc offender search
http://docapp065p.doc.state.ok.us/servlet/page?_pageid=395&_dad=portal30&_schema=PORTAL30

OSCN
http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/casesearch.asp

Good info links but if it just works in OK then it's of small but stll good value.I know of no cases(and haven't heard of any :anyone:) where a private individual was charged with a crime of selling to an unknown felon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom