Police Officer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSteph

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello everyone:

First of all I am new to this board. I heard about it from my brother. I am currently earning an a.s. in Police Science from OSU-OKC and will hopefully become employed at one of the departments in the OKC area. I have a question about what sidearm do the police officers, if there are any on here, use and would recommend?

Thanks for the help and suggestions,

MSteph

cheech_029

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome to the board.

Standard Issued:
OHP - Glock .357 Sig
OKCPD - Glock .45/9mm
Edmond - Glock
Norman - Glock

Most departments also have an approved/disapproved duty weapon list that will be provided to you once you earn your spot. Once out of your FTO and probationary period you usually have the option to carry whatever is your preference, as long as the department approves it and you can qualify with it.

Many departments also have requirements to keep the pistols internals the same as the factory provided them (competition pistols not allowed). I would recommend getting yourself familiar with Glock pistols.

Good luck on your A.S.

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OSBI XDm40
Edmond Glock
Yukon Glock
Mustang Glock
Guthrie Glock/ Personal Choice option
Logan County Glock
Oklahoma County Glock
OCPD Glock but rumored to be switching sometime to Springfields

see a trend here?

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Delaware County SO= Individual choice, as long as you can qualify with it. Personal choice is a Kimber Pro Tactical, stoked with Hydra Shoks.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OCPD Glock but rumored to be switching sometime to Springfields

We have an off-duty working security overnights at my place of employment; he's usually packing up to leave when I arrive at 7:30 am or so.

I notice he is usually wearing an XDm. On one occasion he had something all metal with wood grips. It was clearly not a 1911 (the grip was more contoured), so I'd guess a SIG but could have been a P7. All I caught was a glimpse of the butt as it was in the holster.

Can OCPD carry personal choice on duty since they got rid of the .40 Glocks, or is the personal choice reserved for off-duty gigs?

Latest posts

Top Bottom