Police Reserve Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L.C.

šŸ‘®šŸ»RETIRED L.E.O.šŸ‘®šŸ»
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't listen to the few Negative Nancys or the few cop haters we have Here on OSA(Yes we do)
Do what you want.:thumbup3:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This was a result of "pay to play" cop policies. Make a big donation and you too can be a TCS deputy.
Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s still trueā€”didnā€™t that incident end up with the Tulsa County Sheriff resigning? Seems like he wasnā€™t the only one who fell on his sword over that, either.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s still trueā€”didnā€™t that incident end up with the Tulsa County Sheriff resigning? Seems like he wasnā€™t the only one who fell on his sword over that, either.
Between wannabe cops and the deaths at the County Jail, he should have literally fallen on his sword.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ninety percent of the time there is any LEO / public interaction it is a negative situation. That is where training, professionalism and procedures take over.
I read a book one time by a guy who had been a game warden out west.
He said when he first started out another LEO told him there's only two times when people will be glad to see you: when they are lost and when they're in a fight and they're getting their a-- beat.

Edit: spelling

JuanGrande62221

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been recently interested in becoming a Police Reserve officer. I been wanting to serve the community in my spare time think this would be an great opportunity. I have served in the US Army for 8 years and now my current career I investigate commercial vehicle auto accidents. I believe I meet the requirements to become an reserve officer but don't know much about it. How hard is it to become one? Does every department have a reserve unit or at least have an option to be a reserve officer? Any members have experience in being a reserve officer and if so how do/did you like it?

Thanks!
I didnā€™t realize it was even a thing until one of my friends asked me if I wanted to ride with him. I ended up riding a lot and having to get out and help fight a few times (back then at times he was the only one in the county after 1am, luckily theyā€™ve been able to change that). He asked me
If I ever thought about reserving. I went to an academy, 17 years and 10k hours on duty later and Iā€™m still at it. I had to supply my own equipment (which I like because I get to chose my weapons), boots and things.

Every agency is different, some only ride along / work special events, some are paid (most are not), some do everything (investigations and all). Youā€™ll see things in your community you didnā€™t have a clue about, things that will make you sick, anngry, and sad, you will get spit on and might get shot at. You may have to notify people of the passing of a loved one (and they may be your neighbors or friends). You will see, hear, and smell things youā€™ll never forget. You may have to arrest your own family, coworker, or friends (Iā€™ve had to a few). Remember theyā€™re no different or better than anyone else, including you, so treat them how youā€™d like to be treated when you can. Most people arenā€™t bad, some just make poor choices from time to time.

On occasions you will get to help people who are broken down on the side of the road, lost, buy some food or fuel for a needy family, search for missing children and adults, work special events at schools, get abused or people in crisis help, provide medical aid, maybe pull someone out of a burning house or a car thatā€™s washed into a creek. Your biggest fans will most likely be the officers youā€™re on the street with because theyā€™re understaffed and appreciate any and all help they can get. Not everyone can do it, but if you think youā€™re suited for it you should. Itā€™ll benefit your community and hopefully youā€™ll find the work as rewarding as I have. Itā€™s not always ā€œfunā€ or easy, but itā€™s necessary, someone has to do it. The best advice I can give is that if you do it donā€™t be a jerk to people. As Iā€™ve said, most are generally good people, just some make mistakes like we all have, and most will treat you as you treat them.

Probably more than you wanted to know, I got started and kept going, lol.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didnā€™t realize it was even a thing until one of my friends asked me if I wanted to ride with him. I ended up riding a lot and having to get out and help fight a few times (back then at times he was the only one in the county after 1am, luckily theyā€™ve been able to change that). He asked me
If I ever thought about reserving. I went to an academy, 17 years and 10k hours on duty later and Iā€™m still at it. I had to supply my own equipment (which I like because I get to chose my weapons), boots and things.

Every agency is different, some only ride along / work special events, some are paid (most are not), some do everything (investigations and all). Youā€™ll see things in your community you didnā€™t have a clue about, things that will make you sick, anngry, and sad, you will get spit on and might get shot at. You may have to notify people of the passing of a loved one (and they may be your neighbors or friends). You will see, hear, and smell things youā€™ll never forget. You may have to arrest your own family, coworker, or friends (Iā€™ve had to a few). Remember theyā€™re no different or better than anyone else, including you, so treat them how youā€™d like to be treated when you can. Most people arenā€™t bad, some just make poor choices from time to time.

On occasions you will get to help people who are broken down on the side of the road, lost, buy some food or fuel for a needy family, search for missing children and adults, work special events at schools, get abused or people in crisis help, provide medical aid, maybe pull someone out of a burning house or a car thatā€™s washed into a creek. Your biggest fans will most likely be the officers youā€™re on the street with because theyā€™re understaffed and appreciate any and all help they can get. Not everyone can do it, but if you think youā€™re suited for it you should. Itā€™ll benefit your community and hopefully youā€™ll find the work as rewarding as I have. Itā€™s not always ā€œfunā€ or easy, but itā€™s necessary, someone has to do it. The best advice I can give is that if you do it donā€™t be a jerk to people. As Iā€™ve said, most are generally good people, just some make mistakes like we all have, and most will treat you as you treat them.

Probably more than you wanted to know, I got started and kept going, lol.

b06111ca4f61490fe7dc535e0250d603.gif

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
This was a result of "pay to play" cop policies. Make a big donation and you too can be a TCS deputy.
I get phone calls asking for donations, all the time. If you give, you get a sticker say, "I support Police!!" Does this imply I could get out of a ticket, by having this sticker? I DO SUPPORT POLICE!! We would be in a heck of a mess without them!! They MUST have the authority to do the job without being KILLED! Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!! We the people must do our part as well, and root out any nut case Cops, that slip though the screening system! Our way is not perfect, but try and name a better way to have a safe society!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom