Pope: investors in gun companies are not Christians.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Religions hating each other makes sense, clearly, but it really cracks me up when Christians tell other Christians they are the wrong kind of Christian. It's even better when the do it hatefully.
Not much different then Sunni vs Shiite. Cept Christians in America we don't tend to shoot or blow each other up. With that said there are major differences between Christians & Catholics.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a Christian, but the whole religion thing has me a bit apathetic. Christians are supposed to treat folks good, love God, be charitable...

Religion is just another form of government, dictating how people live.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I completely agree with Riley that the Pope has always been misquoted by the media when it suits their needs. Just look at the whole "God is not a magician" "Pope says Christians should believe in evolution and big bang theory" crap they spread a couple weeks ago. That being said, I agree w Dennis that this Pope does say some stuff that is entirely contradictory to practice. I think I read somewhere recently that one of the biggest investors in the Vatican Bank is Pietro Beretta. The guy has armed security, he can SEE that many weapons are used to STOP things from the holocaust to violent crime in the street by not just citizens but the POLICE. If there were no weapons manufacturers, what would the good guys use, rocks? What about the "Just War" policy of the Church? I see situations that meet that criteria all over the news but NOOOOO, going in there to STOP violence is naughty naughty, never mind if people are getting their hands chopped off with machetes. They'd rather have more martyrs than defend the faith, so much for the "church militant"...... Hell, even Jesus Himself saw the need for a good sword. (As in go sell your cloak and buy one.) What does Francis think the apostles were to use them as, doorstops? I'm a catholic who hasn't been to Mass in a long while for this kind of "rules for thee but not for me" crap and this Pope is better suited to be a college-activist: he can't see more than one magical, kumbaya step ahead so he comes up with bumper sticker solutions to complex problems.

Latest posts

Top Bottom