Post up your deer rifle...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Posted this in the Levergun thread but here's a bigger pic of it.

Marlin 336 Stainless with Skinner Peep.
afarm4.static.flickr.com_3172_3020269491_c950b0f3da_b.jpg

Mrsdeerhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have got to buy a new deer rifle. I had a Savage 243 that was a great little gun. But it was too big. I sold it in 07 and bought a a little Rossi youth 243. That thing won't hit the broad side of a barn out past 25 yards. For 2 years we have tried anything and everything and nothing has worked. I am just now looking around at 243 youth models so maybe next year I can go out into the woods with my own gun instead of borrowing one from FIL.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have got to buy a new deer rifle. I had a Savage 243 that was a great little gun. But it was too big. I sold it in 07 and bought a a little Rossi youth 243. That thing won't hit the broad side of a barn out past 25 yards. For 2 years we have tried anything and everything and nothing has worked. I am just now looking around at 243 youth models so maybe next year I can go out into the woods with my own gun instead of borrowing one from FIL.

Gotta be a reason for that. Have you taken that gun to a good gunsmith?

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Have you considered an AR platform?

Mrsdeerhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree that there has to be a reason for that little Rossi to be shooting “off”. No, I had not taken it in to a gun guy or anything. My father in law is a Retired Lieutenant Colonel with Marine Corp. & he knows guns. He changed out the scope; we tried all the different brands of 243 rounds. Nothing.

But, I am happy to say that I am now the very proud owner of a Remington youth 243. Got a hell of a deal on it from a pawn shop & this baby shoots like a dream!!! So it all worked out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom