Prayers, please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You need one of those devices like the insurance co. on TV advertises... that you can plug into her vehicle's computer and it keeps track of her speed, braking and other driving habits for 30 days at a time.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you want to ensure her safety make sure she does not have a SMART PHONE. Regardless of what they say these kids will all try to text and drive. They'll facebook and drive. If it was my daughter I wouldn't let her have a smart phone until she had at least 2 years of driving experience and really understood how dangerous "distracted" driving is.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm about a year behind you with my eldest daughter. Already concerned about the crazy teen drivers departing Highschool football games (Like I did), high speeds on country highways (Like I drove) and cell phone/ texting distractions (I'm sure I would have used one if they existed in the 70's).

Think of getting her the rattiest, nasty old station wagon from the mid '80's to learn (wreck) on. Drooping headliner, no rear seat, screwdriver start, dead A/C, mice in the carpet and a little header gasket leak. Definitely nicer than walking in the rain, but ought to cut down on her being called to drive her friends around... Until it's a rainy night and getting late. Then everyone's suddenly her friend..

Or, pull a plug wire.

Good luck with your daughter and will keep her, and all other teen drivers in my thoughts (And mirrors).

Latest posts

Top Bottom