Preferred Gender Pronouns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here’s what little I know..

In some instances, you might interact with a transgender person, and outwardly this person may look like one gender, but identifies with the other gender. Calling this person by the outwardly appearing pronoun can be considered offensive, hence the “need” for PGP.

One suggested workaround, such as it is, has been suggested in the form of “they” or “them” in a singular form. “So-and-so will be here alone today, and they will bring with them the materials needed for the meeting...”

Pardon me but that is ridiculous ... When people start paying that much attention to MY feewlings then I'll return the favor. If they want exactly NO help from me at all they will "demand" this nonsense FROM me. Sheesh ...

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those of you who haven’t heard, there’s now a movement to get people to announce their PGP - that is, what pronouns they prefer you use when addressing them. He/him, she/her, they/them, etc. The idea is to promote equality and inclusion, and some social workers, medical professionals, and the media have started adopting this practice when dealing with the public.

So far, I’ve only seen this in the signature blocks of a few folks with whom I have professional email correspondence. I haven’t yet met anyone personally who announces a PGP. What about you folks - have you, and what do you think of this concept?
Yeah, I'm not doing that.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s solely based on nutty left wing ideology & not science. If you can change your gender based only on your “feelings “, then you can change your race too. If I had kids of high school age, I’d advise them to select a minority race when applying to college & an employer.
I won’t refer to anyone by their preferred pronouns, but won’t insult them either.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s solely based on nutty left wing ideology & not science. If you can change your gender based only on your “feelings “, then you can change your race too. If I had kids of high school age, I’d advise them to select a minority race when applying to college & an employer.
I won’t refer to anyone by their preferred pronouns, but won’t insult them either.

It worked for Elizabeth Warren ... :anyone:

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
upload_2021-1-6_13-33-22.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom