President Obama Has Only Ever Signed Gun Laws That Expand Owners' Rights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-vs-romney-gun-control-2012-9

Despite the perception that Mr. Obama is anti-gun rights (gun shop owners say fear of his policies drives strong gun sales), he has repeatedly reaffirmed the right to bear arms. Indeed, the only gun-control laws he has signed as president have been to expand gun rights – allowing guns on national park lands and Amtrak trains.

“There’s no question I support Second Amendment rights, but I also support an assault weapon ban,” he [Romney] said in 2007, referring to his signing of a Massachusetts assault-weapons ban in 2004.

Personally, I don't have much faith in either to support our rights as citizens and gun owners, but just reminding us that Obama has not done anything ... yet. I think they're both chomping at the bit to go all Bloomberg on us at a national level. I think even Ryan wouldn't get into the mess and he'd let it slip by without intervention. In short, I'm the ultimate pessimist on this issue and hope it stays on the back burner during the next term regardless of who is elected.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-vs-romney-gun-control-2012-9

Personally, I don't have much faith in either to support our rights as citizens and gun owners, but just reminding us that Obama has not done anything ... yet. I think they're both chomping at the bit to go all Bloomberg on us at a national level. I think even Ryan wouldn't get into the mess and he'd let it slip by without intervention. In short, I'm the ultimate pessimist on this issue and hope it stays on the back burner during the next term regardless of who is elected.

That's because he has been planning his re-election. I hope no one is naive enough to think a Harvard educated (or un-educated!!), Chicago politician doesn't despise our 2nd amendment rights. If re-elected, watch what happens in the next 4 years.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's because he has been planning his re-election. I hope no one is naive enough to think a Harvard educated (or un-educated!!), Chicago politician doesn't despise our 2nd amendment rights. If re-elected, watch what happens in the next 4 years.

I tend to think he'd sign a bill in a heartbeat (Romney too), but I honestly don't think he'd work to have Congress draft and approve one to send up to him to sign. But I don't think it'd make it through the House right now anyway, as dysfunctional as it is currently (and that's saying something, believe you me).

Even if/when re-elected, particularly with other issues much more pressing (Economy, looming withdrawal from Afghanistan in 2014, Iran/Israel brewing, Health Care in hot debate).

If everything is hunky dory in Spring of 2016 and the Democrats win both houses of Congress in 2014, then I'd give you an AWB or something similarly asinine. I think this is the only ay they'd be able to pay their cards right and let something like this ride through.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think Obama,Romney and Congress will keep status quo, UNLESS we have more of these mass shooting/killings. I think thats the greatest danger to the 2A.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
best we can hope for is a divided congress, with a non-republican president.

if romney gets in, no doubt he'll work to expand the government, and pass any anti-gun law that comes his way. republicans inexplicably become big spenders when they're in power. not to mention gun-grabbers.

with obama and a divided congress, the republicans will fight expansive legislation, and the dems won't push anti gun laws if they want to be reelected... a lame duck president won't have the influence so many give him credit for.

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Obama signed bills expanding gun owners rights.

Romney signed bills curtailing gun owners right.

Roughly 85% of people on OSA responded to a poll that they'll vote Romney.

Only in Oklahoma.

Latest posts

Top Bottom