price gouging and sellers market.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've bought exactly four BDM 25rd .22 mags since the hysteria commenced, at regular market price. I'd like to get a half dozen PRI 6.8 mags at regular market price as well, but can't find any. They retail for $43 each and that's exactly what I'm willing to pay for them. If they're banned before I can take delivery, then I'll cancel my plans to build a 6.8 and leave it at that. It's that same for ammo. I have plenty and I can wait out any market insanity, for as long as necessary.

I refuse to pay ban prices for something that ISN'T banned!

v2a

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it on this site, but I have listed things on other sights for higher than normal. Some people are willing to pay higher prices out of fear with no regards to common sense. If someone wants to buying something from me for above market value its a bonus for me. Just more ammo and mags I can buy. You might not agree with it but that is how I feel.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I refuse to pay ban prices for something that ISN'T banned!

That's exactly what I don't understand: what's the "gouging" all about? If the AWB goes through and you have to pay through the nose to get something pre-ban - fine, that's exactly what it's worth. But the only thing that keep the retailers from selling at retail pricing right now - is how fast the delivery truck can get here! There is no shortage - just increased demand on 100% replenishable non-perishable items.
Look at machine guns - a true "locked" market; and yet the prices barely keep up with inflation; and since $200 fee is becoming "smaller" as the dollar value drops - you are actually loosing money. And if legislation changes - you can loose ALL the value over night.

I did sell all my ARs - and I did get the "crazy" prices they are going for. I sold them because I saw that while the "tactical" aka cheap **** went through the roof - all the high-end stuff actually dropped in price and is readily available. I was able to put together a National Match Service rifle for $1200, match barrel, two stage NM trigger, sights and ALL ... it would've cost me $1600 before the "crazy". I couldn't afford it before! People who shoot matches know the brand-names; and if you go to builder sites - it's all there, IN STOCK, ready to ship.

Even if you don't know where to look - look at gunbroker, everything is for sale (up-priced obviously) - you can build a decent gun for $1000 at buy-it-now prices. Yes, it's more than $588 at Walmart - but it's there, and at marginal mark-up considering the insanity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom