Problem with CCW being too comfortable.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First time this ever happened to me but here is the story. I carry a Glock 30 or my Walther PPS 9mm in Crossbreed holsters. They are always on me except when prohibited at work. Anyway they are so comfortable that I forget that they're on me.

Well this morning I was getting ready to go look at a car for sale at a stealership and went to the bathroom & sat my G30 on a magazine on the floor in front of the toilet. When I use a public toilet the pistol remains secure in the holster. So after washing & drying my hands after the dirty deed I left the house in too big of a hurry.

You probably guessed what happened by now that I forgot it right where I had put it in my bathroom. Luckily I have no children at the house to have to worry about but this was a very careless mistake & I was without my pistol for over 2 hours.

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Luckily I have no children at the house to have to worry about but this was a very careless mistake & I was without my pistol for over 2 hours.

Hey
We don't take kindly to people that don't arm themselves around here.

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

abinok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
a couple of weeks ago on a warm november evening I decided to throw my litle ones in the stroller and go for a walk around town. In the spring and fall this is a daily occurance, and one they greatly enjoy. I walked a total of 3.5 miles down streets, alleys and across parking lots in my small town. When we got home, I glanced at the shelf in the livingroom and to my horror, discovered that I had left my loaded mag, the round from the chamber, and my spare loaded mag on the shelf from dryfire practice earlier that evening.

:laugh6:

joshuasmaximus

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a PPS in a crossbreed and I have had a similar experience. One time I was driving home from a day out shopping with my wife and I reached down to make sure my shirt was pulled down over the gun before getting out of the car and noticed It wasn't there! My stomach twisted instantly. I started imagining it somehow falling out in a store and being picked up by someone. I didn't even know what to do about it. It's not like I lost my wallet and could call around to the stores I had been to and ask if they "found my gun".

Luckily, I found it on my dresser where I left it. Even though I did the OCD Tap of every pocket and my holster several times that day it never felt like the holster was empty because the gun is so light and I didn't realize I left it at home. I have a new routine and since then, I have only caught myself trying to leave with an empty crossbreed two times since.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
a couple of weeks ago on a warm november evening I decided to throw my litle ones in the stroller and go for a walk around town. In the spring and fall this is a daily occurance, and one they greatly enjoy. I walked a total of 3.5 miles down streets, alleys and across parking lots in my small town. When we got home, I glanced at the shelf in the livingroom and to my horror, discovered that I had left my loaded mag, the round from the chamber, and my spare loaded mag on the shelf from dryfire practice earlier that evening.

:laugh6:

so basically, you were strolling around with an expensive club.

RyanN

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 2011 Obama Firearms act will require nails, spikes, or other device to ensure concealed carry is uncomfortable to CCL holders. Criminals are exempt from this provision...

Latest posts

Top Bottom