problem with my Dad's fingerprints

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murph

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My father is getting his carry permit, (and I'm, finally, renewing), so we went to El Reno to get our fingerprints for the OSBI background check. Canadian County Sheriff uses a digital fingerprint reader to take the prints.Pop just received a notice from the OSBI that says his finger print cards "...were not found to meet quality standards. We are unable to process your application any further without new Fingerprint Cards."

The problem being that the lady taking our prints judged his were good enough to send in, and given that it's her job to do this makes the notice a little disconcerting. Anybody else run into this?
OK forgot that google is my friend, I see that a few other seasoned citizens have had the same issue. I'm going to check to see if the OSBI here in OKC will still retake his prints..

Hat tip to GrannySyl for posting about her experience with getting good finger prints

This report just went from question to anecdotes, mostly because I don't want to waste all my effort typing=)

Barnney Fife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you dad worked with paper a lot in his business, that wears away fingerprints,
I had mine done at Mayes couny sherriff twice and then had to drive to OSBI to get them done.

HarveyDanger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It happens, I have seen a few posts on here about it. It didn't happen to me but I spent about 30-45 minutes getting mine right since my fingers are all burnt and scarred from years in the kitchen

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work with chemicals, the ridges of my fingerprints are all but gone. Had to use lots of Corn Huskers lotion to get the to reflect on the digital imaging machine.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
my mom was 68 and was seamstress/monogrammer for years and now is an election board officer,lotsa paper. she had to be fingerprinted 3 times

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The older you get the harder it is to get good prints. You must go back to El Reno and try again. OSBI will only do fingerprints after you are rejected twice.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
41. What should I do if my fingerprints get rejected?

If your fingerprint cards are rejected due to failure to meet quality standards, you must submit new fingerprint cards.You can return to the sheriff’s office in your county of residence, or visit another sheriff’s office or police department.You may find more success from a department that can take your fingerprints digitally.Please check with your local police or sheriff departments.

If you have 2 or more fingerprint rejections, OSBI offers fingerprinting services at our headquarters in Oklahoma City. OSBI fingerprinting services are available Monday through Friday, 8:30 to 4:30, except holidays.

Please note that legible fingerprints are a required component of the application process and the OSBI is unable to issue a license until acceptable fingerprints are submitted and processed.

http://www.ok.gov/osbi/Handgun_Licensing/Frequently_Asked_Questions/index.html#Q41

Latest posts

Top Bottom