Property Taxes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only citizens who pay property tax should be allowed to vote.

Actually, when this country was first established, that was the way it was. Sort of.

Only property owners could vote. The Founding Fathers (I know, not PC, but then I'm not either) wanted people with a vested interest in the country voting.

Generally, if you owned property you were educated. If not formally, then through SHK University (School of Hard Knocks).
You cared about what happened, and knew enough to think things through. Back then (pre-1965 even), we were taught HOW to think, not WHAT to think.

Perhaps the voters should be restricted to people not on Govt handouts. If you receive welfare, food stamps, child care assistance, whatever, no voting.

The problem we have, is that the people on the Govt handout list will vote for whomever promises the biggest handout.

MosinMann

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The good people of OKC passed every bond proposal this year, so my rate will be going up. Thanks neighbors;) I wish there was also a 5% cap on rate increases as well as assessed value, but that’s the way it goes!

I notice a lot of people don’t apply for the homestead exemption. It might only save you a hundred bucks a year, but it’s your money. https://www.ok.gov/tax/documents/921.pdf

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The good people of OKC passed every bond proposal this year, so my rate will be going up. Thanks neighbors;) I wish there was also a 5% cap on rate increases as well as assessed value, but that’s the way it goes!

I notice a lot of people don’t apply for the homestead exemption. It might only save you a hundred bucks a year, but it’s your money. https://www.ok.gov/tax/documents/921.pdf

See messages #41 & #43
The people who vote those bonds don't own property and don't care.
They also don't have a clue that raising property taxes is why their rent just went up.
They think its just greedy property owners . No clue at all.

SdoubleA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOl, I was posting in jest. Not serious. I know sex around my crib is not only taxed, its graded as well. :crying:

Dennis, you might be able to get a break. I would suggest you go to your County Tax Assessor's office and inquire if the County has a "Bedstead Exemption" you could file.

As far as the grading....pehaps begin grading on the curve?????

Just a couple thoughts....hope they work.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, when this country was first established, that was the way it was. Sort of.

Only property owners could vote. The Founding Fathers (I know, not PC, but then I'm not either) wanted people with a vested interest in the country voting.

Generally, if you owned property you were educated. If not formally, then through SHK University (School of Hard Knocks).
You cared about what happened, and knew enough to think things through. Back then (pre-1965 even), we were taught HOW to think, not WHAT to think.

Perhaps the voters should be restricted to people not on Govt handouts. If you receive welfare, food stamps, child care assistance, whatever, no voting.

The problem we have, is that the people on the Govt handout list will vote for whomever promises the biggest handout.
I think the number of votes I have should be dependent upon how much I paid in taxes last year.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the number of votes I have should be dependent upon how much I paid in taxes last year.

Man... considering how much we're told we don't pay our "fair share", I am way way over the 6-figure mark in taxes withheld so far this year. Can't fathom how much they WANT me to pay!

Latest posts

Top Bottom