Quail Ridge OKC Needs Your Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remington

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many here may not be aware, but if you're a shotgun lover that lives in Moore, SE OKC, NE Norman, or the surrounding areas Quail Ridge OKC has been open for sporting clays, wobble trap, and 5 stand since February this year. OKC allowed for them to build on this area, they rent the property, and they were putting together a pretty nice place for shotgunning. Some neighbors in the area have begun to complain and the possibility of them having to shut down or move is a very real possibility. I've attached a letter that I got from them today that outlines how we can help ensure they stay in business and move to a better location. For some of us who love shotgunning and live in Moore this place is a real blessing. If you have time and don't mind please help them out by contacting the OKC officials to show your support for them and to help ensure their permits are approved. I have no affliation with them other than the love of shotgunning.

[Broken External Image]

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I know about this outfit, they are good guys. Here is what I've been told about the situation. Last year they secured a lease on City property to set up shop on 149th, just East of Air Depot. Almost immediately after opening for business, a bunch of whiney home owners nearly a mile way raised a huge ruckus about the noise, etc. and got the media involved. Despite the long term lease, the City is having to backtrack because they didn't do the proper notifications, etc. before leasing the property to a sporting clays outfit. The City has offered to relocate the Sporting Clays outfit to another location near the intersection of 119 & Sooner Rd. I believe. In my opinion, this location would be even better for Quail Ridge than where they are now. I hope the move works out for them.

Remington

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I know about this outfit, they are good guys. Here is what I've been told about the situation. Last year they secured a lease on City property to set up shop on 149th, just East of Air Depot. Almost immediately after opening for business, a bunch of whiney home owners nearly a mile way raised a huge ruckus about the noise, etc. and got the media involved. Despite the long term lease, the City is having to backtrack because they didn't do the proper notifications, etc. before leasing the property to a sporting clays outfit. The City has offered to relocate the Sporting Clays outfit to another location near the intersection of 119 & Sooner Rd. I believe. In my opinion, this location would be even better for Quail Ridge than where they are now. I hope the move works out for them.

Well put. The management believes the move would be best for everyone especially Quail Ridge, but everything has to go through the correct process this time, so any support we can show for them to the city officials could make a big difference in making sure everything goes smoothly.

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have shot sporting clays here on multiple occasions and dave and the rest of the staff are excellent. they are more than helpful and will make you feel at home. prices are resonable and they have a nice setup. the only thing they are missing is a snack bar and from talking to dave they may have someone that is wanting to set up a sandwich shop at the new location. I really hope everything works out for them. I will support them any way that I can to help keep them in business.

BigBoreOkie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've shot there numerous times and many tournaments. They are great guys and its amazing what a few whiny home owners can do. They have a great facility. I hope they get it worked out.

Remington

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have passed it,but never checked it out because I am a Tri City member. I support any gun org

Give em a try. What they have is a lot different then what Tri-City has to offer. Not knocking Tri-city, both are great places, just apples and oranges. Skeet and Trap (Tri-City) and Sporting Clays Course, Wooble Trap and 5 Stand (Quail Ridge) are similar, but there way different also. If you want to tune your hunting skills Quail Ridge is the place to go in SE OKC. The bonus for a lot of folks with Tri-city being closed to new members right now is that Quail Ridge allows you to shoot without being a member, so everyone can give it a go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom