Question About Glock 30SF

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I checked out the gun, it looked new. I’d say less than fifty rounds. A used Glock will have what we call “smileys” on the barrel. They are caused by the tilt barrel design and the slide rubbing the top of the barrel during recoil. This one hadn’t even formed a grin yet. Nothing needed to be replaced. It’s all good and range ready.

Ha!!!

Maybe I need to meet up with druryj and let him shoot it first?

No, seriously, I will likely be buying a new spring assembly anyway. And, since I probably have fired more rounds through my other Glock, I'll likely get a new one for it as well.

Glocks also have a lot of tolerance built into them. That, and a normal thing in manufacturing called "tool wear" leads me to believe that the presence or absence of smileys is not a reliable, all-the-time indicator of round count. But hey, experts more knowledgeable than me may feel differently. Given the fact that our man has acquired a used Glock, and an inspection of the suspect pistol by another good member indicates that it is good to go is all well and good is all fine. But I don't care if Gaston Glock hisdammself inspected it. It's a used gun. The recoil spring and it's remaining service life is therefore suspect in my small brain. I am going to dig around in my parts box and if I have a new factory RSA that will work, I'll even give it to the OP. Trust used or trust used not, but to me...

Attachments

• trust.png
    trust.png
    55.7 KB · Views: 82

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glocks also have a lot of tolerance built into them. That, and a normal thing in manufacturing called "tool wear" leads me to believe that the presence or absence of smileys is not a reliable, all-the-time indicator of round count. But hey, experts more knowledgeable than me may feel differently. Given the fact that our man has acquired a used Glock, and an inspection of the suspect pistol by another good member indicates that it is good to go is all well and good is all fine. But I don't care if Gaston Glock hisdammself inspected it. It's a used gun. The recoil spring and it's remaining service life is therefore suspect in my small brain. I am going to dig around in my parts box and if I have a new factory RSA that will work, I'll even give it to the OP. Trust used or trust used not, but to me...

Not necessary. But, I might still want to meet up with you sometime. Maybe for coffee, so long as it isn't that expensive stuff like Starbucks.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m just thinking that I need to trade you out of those worn out Gen 1s! [emoji38]

Nice collection you have there!

I hope to add a Gen 2 and Gen 3 to my collection one of these days.

I did find an original “weekend” sight to put back on my Gen 1. Lucky, Lucky, Lucky me.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m just thinking that I need to trade you out of those worn out Gen 1s! [emoji38]

I did find an original “weekend” sight to put back on my Gen 1. Lucky, Lucky, Lucky me.

Pic of weekend sight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of sights, I was surprised when Fyrtwuck started asking me how well I was hitting targets. Was I hitting to the left and slightly above center?

Then he showed me where my rear sight on my other Glock wasn't centered exactly. I'd not really had lots of problems with them, but I was reminded that I had researched what might cause one to be off center. I'd looked at charts or illustrations regarding stance, grip, and what-have-you that made one shoot off center. Shows that I never noticed the very slight off center of my rear sight.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I’ll bring them to the range and let you see them one of these days, but I’m pretty sure they’ll be going back home with me. It would take a LOT to get me to part with either of them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom