question for the Christ believers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guys, I don't think this thread is about us.
Nope, it's not.

But it does ask a question, and some of us (I am far from the only one) have unfortunately had experience with it.

I know some folks that have clung to their faith like a lifeboat at sea, and others, like myself have decided that evidence and reality conflict with faith.

Take of it what you will, but I wouldn't base my important decisions on ideas that have been misleading to say the least.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm hanging in there
Please, for the sake of those who love you, continue to do so... I can't say whether or not suicide is a sin that prevents someone from going to heaven. I don't think it is. I think as long as you recognize that Jesus is your Savior and died for all of our sins you're saved and nothing, short of blaspheming the Holy Spirt, can prevent you from your reward in heaven, but I'm no preacher or a Bible scholar either. What I can tell you, from my experience with the families of those who commit suicide is that they are devastated beyond anything else I ever saw in law enforcement. It didn't matter if the person snuck off somewhere or did it at home in a manner that did not leave a mess, the result was the same, families who, to the best of my knowledge, never recovered from it. I'll be praying for ya brother.

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm hanging in there
That’s great to hear!!! I’m still praying for you, sir.

I know it’s been posted several times in this thread, and I’ll reiterate it. I strongly recommend looking into hospice care. They were a god send for pain management in my Dad’s final couple months of bone cancer.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please, for the sake of those who love you, continue to do so... I can't say whether or not suicide is a sin that prevents someone from going to heaven. I don't think it is. I think as long as you recognize that Jesus is your Savior and died for all of our sins you're saved and nothing, short of blaspheming the Holy Spirt, can prevent you from your reward in heaven, but I'm no preacher or a Bible scholar either. What I can tell you, from my experience with the families of those who commit suicide is that they are devastated beyond anything else I ever saw in law enforcement. It didn't matter if the person snuck off somewhere or did it at home in a manner that did not leave a mess, the result was the same, families who, to the best of my knowledge, never recovered from it. I'll be praying for ya brother.
do you think suicide would be more traumatic for them than watching while cancer eats my esophagus and trachea as I struggle to breath or swallow with my throat so swollen my tongue will hang out of my mouth and die a slow painful death? I'm not trying to be rude at all just saying I know which I think is worse.
don't take this wrong I appreciate you

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
do you think suicide would be more traumatic for them than watching while cancer eats my esophagus and trachea as I struggle to breath or swallow with my throat so swollen my tongue will hang out of my mouth and die a slow painful death? I'm not trying to be rude at all just saying I know which I think is worse.
Yes, I do think suicide would be more traumatic on your family. We literally watched my Dad’s cancer eat his body, but thanks to hospice, he was lucid and still able to communicate with us until the last couple days. The hospice pain management program was incredible.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I do think suicide would be more traumatic on your family. We literally watched my Dad’s cancer eat his body, but thanks to hospice, he was lucid and still able to communicate with us until the last couple days. The hospice pain management program was incredible.
^^^^This^^^^

No worries saddlebum, I understood.

Although I think foghorn918 makes an excellent point, I've been down the same road retrieverman just described and my father and I did not have much of a relationship. I say that because even though we weren't close I don't think I could have dealt with him taking his own life. I know for a fact the rest of the family couldn't. I am so sorry you are going through this, cancer sucks more than anything else I know. I wish I could do, or say, more that would help you, but unfortunately, other than to say I agree with retrieverman and the others who have suggested a hospice, I got nothing.

Last edited:

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm hanging in there

Excellent.

I don’t know which of those things would be more traumatic and difficult for your family. I’d expect they are the only ones that can answer that question for you. Please sit down with them and discuss it while you are still able.

Since you first posted your situation and your decision to forego treatment, you have been in my thoughts. I think of you daily. I have admired you and your decision since you first posted it. You have it still.

Please keep us advised, and know that there are lots of people pulling for you and sending thoughts and prayers your way constantly.

Keep hanging in there. You are a brave man, and you can handle everything thrown at you. I know you can.

FlyGuyGSP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ask them. I’m praying for you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom