Question: May an Oklahoma resident loan a firearm to a resident

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
18 U.S.C. 922(a)(5)

It shall be unlawful--for any person (other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector) to transfer, sell, trade, give, transport, or deliver any firearm to any person (other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector) who the transferor knows or has reasonable cause to believe does not reside in the State in which the transferor resides" post=  except that this paragraph shall not apply to (A) the transfer, transportation, or delivery of a firearm made to carry out a bequest of a firearm to, or an acquisition by intestate succession of a firearm by, a person who is permitted to acquire or possess a firearm under the laws of the State of his residence, and (B) the loan or rental of a firearm to any person for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes;

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, if I understand correctly, I would need to take my pistol to a Tx. FFL where she would do a 4473 and pay a trandfer fee. Then when she was through with it, she would need to take it to an OK FFl where I would do a 4473 and pay a transfer fee to get it back. Correct?

Latest posts

Top Bottom