Questions about Red Castle..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you can shoot the falling plates on the junior range. 1st range before plinking range as you come down the hill.
this range is also for the tombstone type targets ipsc/uspa or whatever they call it.
or the 2 falling plate racks on the cowboy range. (up drive next to storage building and restrooms)

Leadlobber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glocksteady , you were misinformed the large [thick] silhouette animals should not be moved closer . The chickens should stay on the T posts at 45 m and the pigs should stay on the 100m rail, this prevents ricochets and target damage.

Glocksteady

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Leadlobber. The guy that gave the orientation did not say we could move them closer. He just said the sillouhettes that were 1/2" thick. They had about 4 at the far left (looked to be about 25yds), some to the far right (looked to be about 50 yards), 1 hanging near the center at about 75 yards. And 1 at about 100 yards at the back. Have they moved them around since I joined? I joined in March. Please let me know so I don't make an idiot out of myself next time I go. My wife really likes shooting the animals and not the paper! Go figure!

Also, if the ones on the far left were at 45 meters, and the ones on the far right were 100 meters, what are the distances to the hanging one and the one at the back of the range? That last one was tough to hit with a .40 pistol!

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the 3/8"-1/2" thick ones for centerfire are 50,100,150 and 200 yards.
the smaller 3/16" -1/4" ones are for 22lr they are at 25,50,75 and 100 yards.

Glocksteady

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks buddy! Now I know why you told me you were 50% with your 9mm at 50 yds. Thank God I use a GPS for golf. Now i know why I am 0 for 25 at the 200 yard target! :-). Not much room for error. Sorry Leadlobber. I didn't move them, just can't judge yardages. :-( I prefer paper at real life scenarios. Watching my wife play....brutal. I had to do something while I reload her mags and rack the slide!!! Ed, you have always been there for me. I owe you. Anytime you need a shift covered, I have trash can experience from my weekend job at the golf course. Have a GREAT 4th guys!

Leadlobber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, Chickens @ 200 meters , Pigs @ 300 m , Turkeys @ 375 m , Rams @ 500 m .

No magnums allowed too much damage to rails and targets and no armor piercing, no tracers may cause fires .

My interest in reviewing some of the rules at Red Castle is, safety first , and to try to maintain what is available to us .thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom