Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was half asleep in my class and I still passed. Anyone with half a brain can pass it. Still a pain in the ass though.

Here's a good tip. If you are loading your handgun and drop a round so that it falls beyond your shooting station, dont try to go pick it up when people are trying to qualify. That's a no go.

RugerSooner

Speedy Gonzalez
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had the class on Saturday. I was nervous when it came to target practice. But from the 3 yards I was standing I looked like Wyatt Earp. All in all, makes me nervous who else could pass it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my opinion, like many "Required Courses" this will give you a license to learn. It is information to get you started doing your own research regarding the laws and most likely some very good personal opinions of the particular instructor. You virtually can not be failed unless you accidentally shoot someone. Any semi-auto that shoots reliably will be sufficient for the qualification. Several years ago my wife and I used the range .22s provided (they preferred us using their firearms) that jammed every 4th or 5th shot. Got a lot of practice clearing jams. We cam home and fired at least 100 rounds in our pistols. Much more fun.

After you get this formality out of the way, I would suggest you find a range that has a beginner class that has several firearms you can try. You might be surprised what feels "right" to you. Just because someone likes one brand or type better does not mean it will work best for you. Any real class should be of great benefit also.

In my opinion way too much emphasis is put on what brand of firearm, what caliber, or what whizzo latest ammo is best. Shot placement with a firearm you are comfortable with that fits your hand is more of a key than anything. A .22 short up my nose from an old $25 un-reliable pocket auto is not something I would want to deal with.

You might want to read over the Oklahoma Laws at https://www.ok.gov/osbi/documents/SDA_LAW_BOOK.pdf if you have not already and see if all your questions are answered during the presentation and ask questions afterward if you have any.

Congratulations, soon you can anguish over CC vs OC or Colt vs Glock vs Rugar, or many others. IWB, OWB, pocket carry, etc. Above all, get real training, practice, and stay safe.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, I had started the previous post earlier and stopped to eat and then got sidetracked and did not reload to finish it a few minutes ago.

Congratulations, now you see what I referred to as a License to learn.

Unfortunately many of the others in your class will not continue to get training or practice. That is the scary part.

Stay safe, and happy shooting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom