Quick Hog Hunt with the 450 Bushmaster!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me and my buddy have a cell cam out at the pond across the road from my house. Almost every evening it goes off from the does at the feeder, so I didn't think much about the alert on my phone going off. Then my buddy calls me and asks if I've seen the camera and I'm like, umm no. lol. He says there is a big cool looking white hog out there, so I check it and sure enough, there it is. I got off the phone, grabbed my camera and one of my rifles and headed that way!

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool looking boar. Honestly figured that 450 bushmaster would have knocked it down. Was considering buying one but will have to see more results.
Yea this was the first thing I've tried it out on. I know I hit it a little far back, but I was a little disappointed in it as well. I was using hornady whitetail 245 hr SP. I'd like to shoot one square in the shoulder and see what kind of damage it does.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea this was the first thing I've tried it out on. I know I hit it a little far back, but I was a little disappointed in it as well. I was using hornady whitetail 245 hr SP. I'd like to shoot one square in the shoulder and see what kind of damage it does.
If you do that I would love to see the results and if it knocks it down. Knowing you hit it a little far back may be the reason it didn't. But if the 450 bushmaster wont knock'em down I will have to stick to my 45-70. I was looking at a 450 in AR platform but not if its gonna under perform. If I can line them up right the 45-70 will take 2 down at once shooting a 405 gr.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't killed as many hogs as some have, but have a little experience. Energy not dumped IN a carcass looks better on paper.

I quit using .45-70 as it would blow right through and didn't do as much damage inside the hog.

I focus on hitting just behind the ear anytime I can on a hog that isn't running.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom