Radio Station Owner's Concealed Weapons Permit Revoked After Dispute Over Martin Luth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Radio Station Owner's Concealed Weapons Permit Revoked After Dispute Over Martin Luth..."

"A local school board member and radio station owner under fire for airing an inflammatory editorial denouncing Martin Luther King Day has had his concealed carry permit revoked after he threatened a rival radio station owner to a "shootout.""

Now that is a perfect example of "Yellow Journalism". We have a headline (first quote) that is contradicted by some fact in the actual story (second quote).

At one time, and it still could be a factor in this day and age, Yellow Journalism was practiced as a means of enticing people to buy the newspaper because of the headline. (I would call that a form of Capitalism.....sorry, J.B. for using a foul word in your thread.)

However, now-a-days, it seems that the liberal media practices Yellow Journalism in an effort to mislead the public. It is pretty well known that a lot of people never read past the first 3 to 5 paragraphs of a story in an effort to read their paper as quickly as possible. Sadly, I can't remember how many stories that I have read where the statements in the story that contradict the headline aren't found until somewhere past paragraph 11. At least in the story above, the contradictory statement is in the first paragraph.

Latest posts

Top Bottom