Rain for days.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We got a good little shower this afternoon around 1:30 that lasted about 45 mins but was heavy enough i got out of it and it was running down the street pretty good.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wish I had saved bullchippin @DavidPayne weather maps. Looking at mesonet rain accumulation he missed it for nearly the entire state.
Screenshot_20210518-214458_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20210518-214444_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20210518-214539_Google.jpg

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm... y'all are making me wonder about our humdidity meter (hygrometer).

We've only had it since '80-ish. :D
Yep. Mine is showing 72% outside and 40% inside with it sprinkling. Think you might need to get a new meter.
Ok... y'all were right. Our old hygrometer has apparently bit the dust.

IIRC it's the old horsehair-operated mechanical gauge style (seems like I opened it up years ago?), and it's still showing 80% humidity.

Bought a new digital one (temp/humidity combo) from Amazon, and it shows 49% humidity.

Thanks guys. :drunk2:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok... y'all were right. Our old hygrometer has apparently bit the dust.

IIRC it's the old horsehair-operated mechanical gauge style (seems like I opened it up years ago?), and it's still showing 80% humidity.

Bought a new digital one (temp/humidity combo) from Amazon, and it shows 49% humidity.

Thanks guys. :drunk2:
That should feel more comfortable. :hey3:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in the day when I was stationed in Pakistan while in the Army, our unit did top secret stuff. Our "cover story" was that we were a "weather reporting station." The AFRS radio station on base got it worked around that we were to give them daily forecasts, even though that wasn't what we did.

However, we did a pretty good job with just a thermometer and hygrometer. That is until one of the guys told the station that it was going to snow.

It did snow, but quite some miles away in the mountains.

Latest posts

Top Bottom